Senior Customer Service Representative – National Remote
Senior Customer Service Representative – National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits, and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full – time (40 hours / week), Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work any shift, including the flexibility to work 2 set days between the hours of 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM CST and 3 set days between the hours of 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM CST (Central Standard Time).
We offer about 2 – 3 weeks of on the job training. The hours during training will be 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM from Monday – Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Ensures quality customer service for internal and external customers
- Handles all incoming phone calls and identifies / assess customers’ needs accurately and timely regarding potential third party liability
- Solves problems systematically, using sound business judgment
- Applies appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers
- Recommends customer service strategies and related improvements / enhancements
- Maintains timely, accurate documentation for all phone call interactions
- Consistently meets established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Seeks involvement in continuous quality and process improvement initiatives when warranted
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience with analyzing and solving customer problems OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment, using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications, including Microsoft Office programs such as Microsoft Word (creating and editing word documents), Microsoft Excel (general spreadsheet navigation, data entry and sorting), and Microsoft Outlook (manage emails and calendar)
- Ability to work any full – time (40 hours / week) shift, including the flexibility to work 2 set days between the hours of 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM CST and 3 set days between the hours of 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM CST (Central Standard Time) from Monday – Friday
- Previous Call Center experience
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to understand multiple products
- Ability to remain focused and productive each day though tasks may be repetitive
- Experience navigating a computer while on the phone
- Willing to work and contribute in a team environment
- Flexible to change
- Responsive to management’s requests and suggestions; takes direction
- Develops goals for self and monitors progress
- Seeks assistance as appropriate
- Ability to trouble – shoot problems
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills
- Listens effectively
- Demonstrated ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building
- Demonstrates basic analytical skills
Physical and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, long periods working at a computer
- For onsite representatives – service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Careers with OptumInsight. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the Healthcare industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington, New York, or Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / Washington / New York / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 – $31.44. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.