Strategic Account Executive, META - remote Dubai
Strategic Account Executive, META - remote Dubai
The GitLab DevSecOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that foster a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute. Learn more about Life at GitLab.
Strategic Account Executive, META
A Strategic Account Executive reports to an Area Sales Manager or Regional Director.
- Supports GitLab’s strategic large prospects and customers.
- Provide account leadership and direction in the pre- and post-sales process
- Conduct sales activities including prospecting and developing opportunities in large/strategic accounts
- Ensure the successful rollout and adoption of GitLab products through strong account management activities and coordination with pre-and-post sales and support resources
- Be the voice of the customer by contributing product ideas to our public issue tracker
- Generate qualified leads and develop new customers in conjunction with our strategic channel partners .
- Expand knowledge of industry as well as the competitive posture of the company
- Prepare activity and forecast reports
- Contribute to root cause analysis on wins/losses.
- Communicate lessons learned to the team, including account managers, the marketing team, and the technical team
- Assist sales management in conveying customer needs to product managers, and technical support staff
- Utilize a consultative approach, discuss business issues with prospect and develop a formal quote, a written sales proposal or a formal sales presentation addressing their business needs.
- Develop an account plan to sell to customers based on their business needs.
- Collaborate with Marketing on marketing strategies.
- A true desire to see customers benefit from the investment they make with you
- Able to provide high degree of account management and control
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects
- Experience selling into large organizations
- Ability to leverage established relationships and proven sales techniques for success
- Excellent negotiation, presentation and closing skills
- Preferred experience with Git, Software Development Tools, Application Lifecycle Management
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Ability to travel if needed and comply with the company’s travel policy
- Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page. As part of the application, candidates will need to answer the following questions
- What would differentiate you and make you a great account executive for GitLab?
- What is your knowledge of the space that GitLab is in? (i.e. Industry Trends)
- How do you see the developer tools changing over the coming years from a sales perspective? (i.e. Competitive Positioning, Customer Needs, etc) Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with an Area Sales Managers or Regional Sales Director Candidates will then be invited to schedule a second interview with Regional Sales Director (in a different region) Candidates may be invited to schedule a third interview with our VP, Enterprise Sales Successful candidates will subsequently be made an offer via email
- Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
To view the full job description and its compensation calculator, view our handbook. The compensation calculator can be found towards the bottom of the page.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.