Provider Customer Service Team Lead – National Remote
Provider Customer Service Team Lead – National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
At UnitedHealthcare, we’re simplifying the health care experience, creating healthier communities and removing barriers to quality care. The work you do here impacts the lives of millions of people for the better. Come build the health care system of tomorrow, making it more responsive, affordable and equitable. Ready to make a difference? Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Team Lead will be accountable to meet the performance goals established for advocate roles in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, first call resolution and attrition. With guidance and direction from a supervisor.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7am – 6pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Acts as a resource to other advocates and may coordinate daily/weekly/monthly activities of team members. Responsibilities may include providing guidance to reference tools (IE:KC, MM, IEX), reference items to assist advocates in properly addressing caller’s issues.
- Provide on the job training to other advocates and observe advocates to ensure they:
- Manage caller conversations appropriately (e.g., provide a good first impression, command attention and respect, maintain professional tone, demonstrate confidence, de-escalate/defuse callers as needed)
- Maintain focus on caller interactions without being distracted by other factors (e.g., system usage, pop-up alerts, VCC data)
- Drive resolution of caller questions/issues on the first call whenever possible (e.g., first-call resolution, one-and-done)
- Ensure proper documentation of caller questions/issues (e.g., research conducted, steps required, final resolution)
- Acts as a facilitator to resolve conflicts on team and is seen as key team member on project that may span across more than one team.
- Maintains proficiency in all technical applications (technical skills and system knowledge)
- Assists supervisor in supporting priorities for the team to ensure performance metrics are met, such as Quality, Schedule Adherence, After Call Work, Service Levels, Customer Satisfaction, and other performance metrics.
- Assists supervisor in monitoring employee and team performance by reviewing operational metrics and listening to and observing call management techniques.
- Support the Supervisor in leading and hosting meetings if they are unable to attend.
- Support different engagement and DEI activities within the team.
- Support new hire’s as they onboard into the team and ensure that they are receiving the support necessary.
- Share and communicate best practices broadly to the team as needed.
As needed and when directed by supervisor, helps resolve escalated provider issues and operational problems using defined processes, expertise and judgment. Partners with site leaders to ensure escalated provider issues are addressed.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience in an advocate role, with Buffalo care intake experience
- Previous experience mentoring and/or training others
- Experience in provider tools, benefit interpretation, detailed benefits/claim support and complex issue management to interpret situation and proactively address complex provider issues
- Experience with personal computer and Windows PC applications Microsoft Excel
- Experience with personal computer and Windows PC applications Microsoft Word
- Experience with personal computer and Windows PC applications Microsoft PowerPoint
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7am – 6pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
- Familiar with medical and healthcare terminology
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Work with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving millions of people as we transform health care with bold ideas. Bring your energy for driving change for the better. Help us improve health access and outcomes for everyone, as we work to advance health equity, connecting people with the care they need to feel their best. As an industry leader, our commitment to improving lives is second to none.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Washington or Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / New Jersey / New York / Washington / Rhode Island residents is $18.80 – $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.