Bilingual (English/Spanish) Enrollment Specialist – National Remote
Bilingual (English/Spanish) Enrollment Specialist – National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you’re fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast – growing environment.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
This position is full-time. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 11:30am – 8:00pm Central time. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Apply knowledges / skills to activities that often vary from day to day
- Demonstrate a moderate level of knowledge and skills in own function
- Make outbound calls to members who are eligible to participate in one of our Health Management coaching programs
- Receive inbound calls to enroll members & / or provide customer service
- Require little assistance with standard and non – standard requests
- Solve routine problems on own
- Work with supervisor to solve more complex problems
- Prioritize and organize own work to
- Determine member eligibility
- Follow protocols to task requests appropriately
- Check level of benefit codes to determine eligibility for program enrollment to determine next steps
- Reference automated job aid tools via the computer to identify appropriate procedures when needed
- Access claims information
- Review and interpret call history documentation (e.g., case notes)
- Navigate between computer screens and platforms to research information (e.g., medical, clinical, or benefits information)
- Take calls and questions from members regarding case status
- Reference automated job aid tools via computer to research relevant rules, regulations, or procedures
- Learn computer system and process changes and updates and incorporate into daily work
- Contact internal resources if necessary to clarify information
- Identify appropriate resource (e.g., care management consultant, case manager, supervisor) to respond to member questions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of general customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 6+ months of experience working in a call center environment
- Ability to create, edit, save, and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Must have worked consistently for last 24 months for only 1 employer.
- Bilingual fluency in English/Spanish
- Ability to work any 8 hour shift between the hours of 11:30am – 8:00pm Central time including the flexibility to work occasional overtime based on business need
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry.
- Experience working in a Hospital, Physician’s Office, or Medical Clinical setting
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Working Knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
- Reside within the state of Oklahoma
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York, Rhode Island Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / Washington / New York / Rhode Island residents is $16.00 – $31.44.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Additional Job Detail Information
Enterprise Clinical Services
Phoenix, AZ, US
Hartford, CT, US
Tampa, FL, US
Minneapolis, MN, US
Oklahoma City, OK, US