Collections Analyst (Remote)
Collections Analyst (Remote)
Compensation Range : $55,000
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Our talented finance team partners with every area of the business to drive results and provide financial expertise. We are passionate about analyzing and interpreting information to assess performance and provide guidance. Our team serves as a true partner and advisor to all our business leaders; working with them to accelerate the company’s profitability and growth.
What you’ll be doing:
· Minimize bad debt write-offs and maximize cash receipts while being sensitive to internal and external customers
· Follow up on a regular basis with the customer until a payment resolution is received, escalate to the Team Lead if problems or concerns arise
· Adhere to collection strategies and completion of tasks to include and not limited to on account cash, escalations, credit review, etc. within expected SLA
· Actively work to understand customer ordering platforms and how billing is integrated into that platform
· Promptly resolve billing and Accounts Receivable issues while identifying potential opportunities for process improvement that can later be purposed and implemented
· Build Standing Operating Procedures (SOP) for high effort accounts
· Independently perform root cause analysis on customer issues
· Plan and organize work so Service Level Agreements, Goals and Objectives are realized
· Drive and Host conference calls to find resolution to issues and resolve past due accounts
· Provide internal/external customer ad hoc reporting and/or statements
· Promote strong collaborative relationships between the Collections teams and all other Staples customers, including Sales and Customer Service Relationships, and independent communication with Accounts Payable Supervisors, Managers and Directors
· Independently summarize and present findings from account reconciliations to customer and internal Staples Teams, including Sales Rep, Director and AVP, Customer Setup and Contract Gateway Teams.
What you bring to the table:
· Ability to research Accounts Receivable issues and reconcile payment remittances
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to assess a problem and promptly resolve or escalate accordingly
· Excellent written skills and verbal skills
· Time management and strong organizational skills
· Strong presentation skills such as PP, Agendas and Note taking
· Ability to coordinate with other internal departments
· Familiarity with different methods of billing and invoicing customers
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications
· 3+ years’ experience in B2B Credit and Collections or a combination of education and experience
· Broad ERP Experience in large systems (Oracle, SAP etc.)
· Intermediate or higher level skills in Excel
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications
· Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Finance
· Intermediate use of Collection Software (Webcollect, Getpaid etc.)
· Intermediate understanding of Accounting Principles
· Intermediate understanding of Credit Management processes
· Proficiency in Microsoft suite and O365
· Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
· Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
· Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
We help teams find fulfillment in Worklife by connecting people, ideas and solutions.