Patient Support Coordinator I
Patient Support Coordinator I
Sanguine Biosciences is accelerating personalized medicine research by empowering patients with their healthcare data and making it as easy as possible for them to participate in the medical research process. We partner with patients and pharmaceutical companies to accelerate precision medicine R&D by securely and efficiently collecting and providing patient samples and relevant health data. We are helping thousands of researchers at 20 of the top 40 global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies increase the speed and quality at which they are conducting their research. For the past three years, Sanguine received the prestigious designation as a “Great Places to Work” company. It is an exciting time; our biotech company is growing quickly and needs the best team members to join us.
About the Role:
The Patient Support Coordinator serves as the “Voice of the Patient,”for the Field Operations team by fielding real-time calls and emails from our patients, screening them for various studies, and successfully scheduling them for appointments and self-directed collections. We are a service-centric and analytics-driven team that is focused on finding the best ways to delight our patient communities, improve performance, and scale. And above all else, we believe in empathy, compassion, and centering our focus on the needs of our patients.
As a Patient Support Coordinator I, you are responsible for all scheduling and reminder activities involving Sanguine’s robust patient population. This includes coordinating amongst internal teams, the patient, the mobile health staff, and the laboratory to determine availability. You will ensure that the scheduling and reminders are done accurately and efficiently to deliver a seamless experience for our patients and research clients.
- Be the point of contact for patients before, during, and after appointments occur.
- Ensure that every communication and interaction between Sanguine and its study participants is a positive and professional experience
- As a touch point with our patients, represent Sanguine and our values with an exceptionally compassionate and empathetic attitude. Deliver on Sanguine's commitment to bridge the divide between researchers and patients to help accelerate research
- Understand all study parameters and scheduling restrictions, and ensure that field visits are scheduled accordingly, and in a timely manner
- Schedule patients based on numerous factors such as medical staff and researcher availability, while providing patients with proper pre-appointment instructions and information
- Initiate outbound phone calls with patients to schedule appointments, confirm visit times, or reschedule visits as needed.
- Interact and collaborate with the Patient Operations, Field Operations, and Clinical Operations teams.
- Communicate and collaborate cross functionally for study updates and progress.
- Use a logistics dispatch software to assign appointments to mobile health staff, ensuring all required information is notated.
- Coordinate with the internal operations team and patients in the event of appointment cancellations, reschedules, or changes.
- Assist in keeping patients’ profiles up to date with scheduling preferences and any other information that may be pertinent
- Assist in cross functional special projects to improve and enhance current workflow processes.
- Resolve issues effectively and efficiently while providing an incredible customer service experience to patients.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but High school diploma combined with experience will be considered
- 1-2 years experience in Customer Service, Operations, or Project Coordination experiences in Healthcare/Life sciences
- Embrace Sanguine’s mission to seamlessly connect patients to researchers with a patient-centric focus
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Excellent problem-solver with impeccable attention to detail
- Experience working with general software tools such as Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Salesforce.
- Able to learn quickly, take initiative, and ask questions
- Comfortable learning new software quickly.
- Entrepreneurial, scrappy, and do-before-you-delegate attitude and an effective multi-tasker who can thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Successful multitasker, extremely organized and meticulous
- Can think on your feet and can factor multiple data points to arrive at the best decision.
- Able to exercise independent judgment.
- Self-discipline, patience, and compassion
- Ability to coordinate successful outcomes working with patients and multiple different departments
- You take privacy seriously and are familiar with HIPAA regulations.
Sanguine Biosciences is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.Sanguine Biosciences is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected classification. Minorities, women, LGBTQ candidates, Veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Sanguine, our mission is to accelerate medical research by removing the barriers to patient participation.