People Support Specialist
People Support Specialist
The People Support Specialist will be responsible to support the overall administration and management of People + Culture (P+C) organizational programs and processes such as but not limited to - employee recognition, service awards, tuition reimbursement, onboarding, offboarding, and self-service. Tier 1 support to manage employee inquiries and questions in a timely manner. Deliver on business process flows and SOPs in collaboration with others to provide an outstanding manager and employee experience.
As a member of the People Support team, you will work collaboratively with internal team members and external vendors to provide technical expertise that support the complete lifecycle of our P+C programs, systems, and processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer day-to-day business process support of assigned core focus areas.
- Serve as first point of contact for routine Vertex employee and manager inquiries regarding P+C programs and initiatives, supporting, resolving, or escalating as needed in a timely manner.
- SME for Workday P+C case management portal to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and proper escalation of responses.
- Adheres to SOPs for core focus area, ensuring changes are documented, trained, and communicated as appropriate.
- Properly document and manage all inquiries. Highlight new trends and actively engage P+C stakeholders, promoting improvements and efficiencies for established processes.
- Maintain background check program. Ensure all Vertex hires are supported, processed, and cleared in a timely manner. Escalate needs and issues as appropriate.
- Support global employee onboarding. Promote timely, compliant hiring for all new joiners.
- Manage I-9 administration, documentation, and audits.
- Document, track, and maintain employee records in Workday.
- Support immigration program to include Request For Evidence (RFEs), vendor management, documentation tracking, and updates.
- Participate in special project assignments to develop best in class processes and tools
- Ensure all issues are escalated as appropriate to maintain legal compliance and alignment to our corporate values.
- Utilize effective communication and follow-through while acting as a dependable point of contact for P+C team members, business clients, and vendors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with Workday suite of tools.
- Ability to effectively apply policies and make effective recommendations in ambiguous situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal/state employment laws and a solid understanding of general HR practices, laws and regulations required.
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills required.
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills required.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to listen and understand information and communicate the same.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages is required.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two to four years' experience in human resources.
- SPHR/ SHRM-CP Certification (preferred).
- Experience working in a technology and/or services intensive business (preferred).
- The Winning Way behaviors that all Vertex employees need in order to meet the expectations of each other, our customers, and our partners.
- Communicate with Clarity - Be clear, concise and actionable. Be relentlessly constructive. Seek and provide meaningful feedback.
- Act with Urgency - Adopt an agile mentality - frequent iterations, improved speed, resilience. 80/20 rule - better is the enemy of done. Don't spend hours when minutes are enough.
- Work with Purpose - Exhibit a "We Can" mindset. Results outweigh effort. Everyone understands how their role contributes. Set aside personal objectives for team results.
- Drive to Decision - Cut the swirl with defined deadlines and decision points. Be clear on individual accountability and decision authority. Guided by a commitment to and accountability for customer outcomes.
- Own the Outcome - Defined milestones, commitments and intended results. Assess your work in context, if you're unsure, ask. Demonstrate unwavering support for decisions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position. Other functions may be assigned, and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
The official Twitter account of Vertex, Inc., pioneers in tax automation helping companies around the globe to transact, comply and grow with confiden...