Member Support Specialist
Member Support Specialist
At Brightline | Remote (United States)
About the Role
Brightline brings virtual behavioral and mental health care to families, when and where you need it. We are seeking a Member Support Specialist who will support our Brightline members with signing up, scheduling, billing and any other administrative help they need. You will be joining a small, but mighty team at the cusp of an exciting growth phase, and be integral in helping us provide great support to every member who accesses our services.
Why You’re Excited About the Role
- Conducting first phone calls with new members to assess fit for Brightline services
- Scheduling appointments for members
- Ensuring member paperwork has been completed
- Supporting Providers with a variety of administrative tasks
- Answering all admin-related questions between sessions
- Conducting eligibility checks, filing claims, and collecting member payment
- Keeping our internal software tool for the Member Support team ultra-organized
- Identifying ways to delight our members, ease the workday for our clinical team, and overall improve our operational processes as we scale
We now have two shifts that are M-F either 8am-5pm or 12-9pm, and they can be in any timezone (EST, CST, MST, and PST). This position is a fully remote, work from home position.
Why We’re Excited About You
- A passion for our mission to redefine behavioral health for children and their families.
- Experience with customer service and taking/making customer phone calls.
- A desire to create a one-of-a-kind member experience and a background in providing excellent customer service.
- The drive to be part of building something new - to work hard, to be your best self and to change the lives of our families.
- Comfort with a wide variety of technology including email, EHR, scheduling tools and more. Most of our systems are designed with you in mind, so you’ll thrive if you can learn them quickly and provide feedback on how to make them better.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and organization skills.
- Ability to revel in the details and commitment to following through on all tasks, simple and complex.
- Previous experience managing a medical office and/or familiarity with insurance billing are a bonus.
- Medical + Dental + Vision + Disability + Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays + Flexible PTO + Sick Days + Parental Leave
- Learning and Development Reimbursement
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Reimbursement
- Stock Options
- Remote, community-focused culture
- Company wide meditations
- Group workouts hosted by Brightline employees!
- Company Offsites
- At Brightline we have built a total rewards philosophy that includes fair, equitable, competitive, geo-based compensation that is performance and potential based. Our strategy is based on robust market research, including external advisory specializing in national compensation, and thoughtful input from every level of our organization. It is a combination of a cash salary, equity, benefits, wellbeing, and opportunity. In compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the base compensation for this role is $19-29 per hour.
Our Commitment to Building a Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Workforce
At Brightline, we believe that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential to the foundation that we build our mission upon. We are compelled to build a future where all families can access inclusive, high-quality care. We are committed to creating an environment that encourages our employees to show up authentically, reach their highest potential, and have an equal opportunity to thrive. We are committed to systematically evaluating and improving our inherent beliefs, observed behaviors, structures, and systems. We are committed to ensuring that every employee, candidate, client, and family we serve is valued and respected.
Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child. We’re convening a team of leading clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring families a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience of care that will help them thrive.
Founded in 2019, Brightline is the leading comprehensive behavioral health platform for families, backed by $215M in funding from leading investors, including Oak HC/FT and Threshold Ventures. As we grow quickly across the country, we’re looking for exceptional team members who, like us, are eager to transform behavioral health in this country and change lives.
The future of family mental health — care available nationwide for kids, teens, & families ✨