Strategy and Operations Analyst, StreetEasy
Strategy and Operations Analyst, StreetEasy
About the team
Zillow Group’s mission is to give people the power to unlock life's next chapter. StreetEasy is Zillow Group’s brand in New York City. Whether you’re renting, buying, or selling an apartment in New York City, StreetEasy is the best way to find your place in the center of the universe. We are hiring to support our ambitious goals to transform the home buying, selling, and rental journey in New York City. If you’re looking for an opportunity to have an immediate impact on a product with widespread adoption by New Yorkers and the potential to reshape the residential real estate industry, we’d love to hear from you!
This role will report to the Senior Strategy & Ops Program Manager. The Strategy and Operations (S&O) team focuses on revenue growth opportunities and partners with Product, Data Products, Marketing, and Operations to guide rigorous, data-driven decision making. The S&O team is made up of ex-consultants, and we are looking for an analytical and goal-oriented professional who thrives in a high-performance environment.About the role
The Strategy and Operations Analyst will be the analytical engine of the S&O team, partnering with internal business leaders across StreetEasy to support rigorous decision making for our buyer and seller referral businesses. This role requires a combination of business acumen and technical aptitude and the candidate will have the ability to make meaningful recommendations relating to revenue strategy and product innovation.
You Will Get To:
- Continuously test, measure, and iterate on new product ideas, pricing opportunities, and operational efficiency initiatives
- Partner with business leaders to develop strategies, evaluate opportunities, and provide clear and concise recommendations based on comprehensive analysis
- Investigate underlying business trends and identify problem areas prior to trend development
- Build scalable reporting and processes to monitor market health and provide access to partners
- Deliver presentations to leadership for measurement, analysis, and improvement
- Provide analytical support to business partners, highlighting findings with measurable solutions
- Develop creative solutions to complex and ambiguous problems, and collaborate across team functions and levels
This role has been categorized as a Remote position. “Remote” employees do not have a permanent corporate office workplace and, instead, work from a physical location of their choice which must be identified to the Company. Employees may live in any of the 50 US States, with limited exceptions. In certain cases, an employee in a remote-designated job may need to live in a specific region or time zone to support customers or clients as part of their role.In California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington the standard base pay range for this role is $69,300.00 - $110,700.00 Annually. This base pay range is specific to California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City and Washington and may not be applicable to other locations.In addition to a competitive base salary this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience, performance and location. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance and location.Who you are
- 2+ years of relevant work in an analytical role in management consulting, investment banking, analytics, or Business Operations at a start-up or high-growth technology company
- Advanced Excel and SQL skills a must
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills; able to pose complex strategic decisions for business leaders with clarity and precision
- Problem solver with an eye towards continuous improvement and automating processes to scale
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Math, Statistics, Economics, Finance, or another quantitative field
- Nice to have:
- Interest and capacity to learn Python
- Experience with Tableau, Looker, or other data visualization tools
- Knowledge of statistical inference and A/B test design
Get to know us
Zillow is reimagining real estate to make it easier to unlock life’s next chapter.
As the most-visited real estate website in the United States, Zillow® and its affiliates help movers find and win their home through digital solutions, first class partners, and easier buying, selling, financing and renting experiences. Millions of people visit Zillow Group sites every month to start their home search, and now they can rely on Zillow to help make it easier to move. The work we do is helping people move from dreaming to transacting — and no matter what job you're in, you will play a critical role in making this vision a reality.
Our efforts to streamline the real estate transaction are supported by a deep-rooted culture of innovation, our passion to redefine the employee experience, a fundamental commitment to Equity and Belonging, and world-class benefits. We’re also setting the standard for work experiences of the future, where our employees are supported in doing their best work and living a flexible, well-balanced life. But don’t just take our word for it. Read recent reviews on Glassdoor and recent recognition from multiple organizations, including: the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2022 list, Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, honoring the Best Places to Work in 2022, Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index 2022, Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equity Index and Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality 2022, and TIME 100 Most Influential Companies list.
Zillow Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at RecruitingAccessibility@zillowgroup.com.
Applicants who receive job offers from Zillow Group will be asked to sign a Proprietary Rights Agreement which includes confidentiality, intellectual property assignment, customer and employee non-solicitation, and non-competition provisions. If you are contacted for a role at Zillow Group and wish to review a copy of the Proprietary Rights Agreement prior to receiving an offer, you may request a copy from your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.