Service Desk Support Analyst
Who is SimSpace:
SimSpace launched in 2015 with a singular purpose – addressing the most urgent and sophisticated cybersecurity challenges to reduce risk for our most vulnerable and valuable infrastructure. The organizations around the world that we depend on every day to keep our loved ones safe and secure. Our healthcare facilities, schools, financial institutions, transit centers, grocery stores, and workplaces just to name a few. To deliver global resiliency, we provide an elite cyber range platform to curate unassailable cyber defenses, data driven decisions, cutting edge training labs, live attack scenarios, and extensive individual and dynamic team readiness training.
SimSpace works as OneTeam to elevate humanity around the world. We are committed to continuously improving and delivering a cultivated member experience whether that is accomplished through focusing on supporting our client’s teams or our own mission driven SimSpacers.
We are hybrid, remote, and in-person with offices in Boston's Fort Point and Maryland. We also have offices in the UK, Germany, Israel, Australia, Czech Republic, Japan, Singapore, and Egypt. If you are interested in elevating the technology and creative solutions necessary to secure and safeguard our future while working alongside others who share your passion for purpose and development, we want to meet you!
Why should you choose a career at SimSpace?
We are an organization that is focused on building our culture and mindfully enhancing our atmosphere everyday which is why we have collaborated on an integral value system. Our governing philosophy of being Human Centered is deeply embedded within our value system. We apply this philosophy to every one of our internal team members, external clients, and their customers.
Our core values are:
- Serve to Protect – We provide safe space, deliver on the mission, and elevate humanity
- Acquire Understanding – We seek and provide clarity 10x, cultivate comprehension, and believe information goes both all ways
- Inspiration Leads to Innovation – We stay curious, practice consistency over intensity, and continue to be the change we need in the world
- Teamwork Without Borders – We are never alone, we solve for all, and keep people at the heart of everything we do
We are looking for:
The hybrid Service Desk Support Analyst position is located in Boston, MA and responsible for providing Tier 1 and Tier 2 level customer support for all SimSpace users. This position will be able to work remotely as well as work at our HQ at times. The Service Desk Support Analyst will be responsible for deploying new and replacement end user devices, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and maintaining an accurate hardware and software inventory. This position will also be responsible for assisting with other IT related initiatives such as implementing some core ITSM based processes (Incident Management, Request Management, etc.) and other operational tasks as assigned.
What will you be doing as a Service Desk Support Analyst at SimSpace?
- Diagnose and resolve end-user PC hardware, e-mail, Internet, software and local-area network access issues.
- Create user accounts and managing access control based on company policies, process termination requests. Must be instrumental and diligent in creating SOP's and documenting and or creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Monitors support desk telephone, mailbox and service management software
- Maintain all asset management records related hardware, software and peripherals.
- Logs all incoming incidents and completes requests.
- Use industry best practices and policies for installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting client hardware, software, and peripheral devices.
- Contacts and coordinates with vendors regarding the repair of systems under warranty.
- Takes ownership of user service request or incident.
- Manage endpoint computers, hardware/software inventory.
- Analyze and make recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Provide orientation training to new hires.
- Represents the team and company in a professional and positive manner with both internal and external stakeholders and in doing so reflects the values of the organization.
- Undertakes any other duties that may reasonably be required and are commensurate with the position.
- Ensures compliance with Ambit policies, procedures and contract of employment.
- Willingness to work outside normal hours as necessary.
Who you are:
- You possess the ability to effectively diagnose and resolve technical issues across a wide variety of technology platforms and software applications.
- Possess strong troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities, both independently, and with a team; a passion for providing technical solutions to business problems; and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- The ability to multi-task and a willingness to work in new systems on a frequent basis and providing a high level of customer service will be crucial for success.
- You are comfortable communicating directly with customers, third party vendors, engineers, and internal associates on a regular basis by both written and verbal means.
- Strong collaborative skills demonstrated with other IT teams, business units, and vendors to design and implement technical solutions that align to the infrastructure strategy, management and governance of business processes and operations with the implementation of desktop services.
What are the qualifications to apply? To be successful as a Service Desk Support Analyst, you need:
- Extensive experience operating and troubleshooting major operating systems, including Windows, MacOS and various Linux distributions
- Exceptional verbal and written communications
- Exceptional customer support skills
- Strong experience utilizing the entire Google Product Suite: Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Admin Console
- 3+ years Azure AD, and Office 365 administration and troubleshooting
- 2+ years of experience working with ITSM processes
- 2+ years with Exchange Online, Endpoint Manager, Purview, Defender, SharePoint, Teams, Active Directory
- 2+ years of hands-on experience working in an end-user support role
- 2+ years in a remote desktop support environment
- Experience utilizing an MDM to manage machines remotely
- Must be a U.S. citizen per contractual obligations
We provide the following:
- Salary Range $80,000-$100,000
- Benefits that start on first day of hire (medical, dental, company-paid vision, savings and spending accounts, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid Life and AD&D Insurance)
- 401k match with immediate vesting
- Unlimited paid time off
- Equity options at hire and potential for additional based on performance
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Peloton Interactive Wellness Program
- Semi-flexible hours, with the expectation that you overlap the main part of the day to meet deadlines, collaborate with colleagues and attend key meetings.
SimSpace is an Equal Opportunity Employer:
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
SimSpace does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression and identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military/veteran status, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups only apply to jobs if they meet all of the qualifications. However, no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. SimSpace encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. We look forward to your application!
Your application has been successfully submitted.