IT Service Desk Technician (Third Shift)
IT Service Desk Technician (Third Shift)
Job #: R-00106330
Location: Remote, US
Category: Customer Support
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the time
Potential for Telework: Yes, 100%
Referral Eligibility: Ineligible
Leidos is seeking IT Service Desk Technicians to be a member of the Tier 1 IT Service Desk team. The IT Service Desk Technician will effectively and accurately respond to or properly route inquiries regarding any combination of Leidos hardware in software for all Leidos employees and subcontractors worldwide. The Technician must provide the customer with accurate and complete responses, provide appropriate troubleshooting for both hardware and software, input correct information into the ticketing system, while meeting and exceeding their service expectations. May have to perform work for multiple help desk programs.
Schedule: Contact Center hours of operation are 24x7x365. Shifts are 8.5 hours with a 30 minute lunch break and are distributed based on business needs. Must be able to work third shift (shift starts between 5pm – 10pm CST) with consecutive off days. Some shifts may include weekends and are assigned after the training period.
- 8am to 5pm CST for 2-3 weeks
- Must be able to adhere to training schedule
- This is paid training
- Prior to exiting training period, a picture of Leidos equipment set up properly must be provided to management
Location: This position is fully remote. Must have reliable internet.
Other Information: Laptop, mouse, two monitors, and keyboard provided by the company. Cell phone and internet service not provided by the company.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
- High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of technical customer service experience
- Ability to obtain and maintain a public trust security clearance to effectively support multiple programs
- U.S. Citizen
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with a strong focus on quality and attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills, able to build rapport, have a warm demeanor over the phone, confidently convey information and exceed customer expectations
- Must be able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions, copes effectively with complexity and change
- Competent in Internet navigation, Dual-Screen usage, Microsoft Office Tools, Windows and other software applications as appropriate
- Ability to interact positively with customers, peers and supervisors
- Must be able to adhere to the training schedule without any absences
- Use of own high-speed internet must be provided by the help desk support agent
- Must provide own cellular phone and service
- Designated workspace that is quiet and free of loud noise that may be distracting to your customer
- Must be flexible and willing to work different shifts upon changing business needs
- Must be flexible and willing to work weekends and holidays as needed
- Call center experience with a technical service desk
Come join our rapidly growing team and enjoy these benefits:
- Hourly Rate: $18.00/hr
- Accrue 3 weeks of PTO during your first year
- Get ten paid holidays a year
- Access to benefits on day one
- Employee discounts
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health savings account
Pay Range $27,300.00 - $42,000.00 - $56,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.