Insurance Claims Adjuster
Insurance Claims Adjuster
Phoenix, Arizona, United States • Arizona, United States
Work Location Options:Hybrid/Virtual
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
AMEX Assurance Company provides insurance protection for American Express Card Members through implicit card benefits, and fee/add-on insurance products to both Card Members and non-Card Members. This role will reside in the Claim and Servicing Operations department of AAC, whose primary responsibilities include enrollment, servicing, and adjudication of insurance policies and claims; this role provides an exciting opportunity in handling Travel and Medical claims within the highly complex suite of Specialty Lines products in the AMEX Assurance Co. Insurance portfolio.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Investigation/research by using tools available and making outbound calls to settle claims
- Communication via written and/or direct phone interaction with the customer, to ensure timely decisions
- Decision making of claims for these products
- Maintaining state compliance
****To be considered for this position you must reside in Arizona.
- 2 years of Customer Service experience
- Customer First Principles demonstrated through excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for exceptional service
- Strong phone skills
- Ability to adapt to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid changes in workflow
- Ability to demonstrate initiative with minimal supervision to drive results
- Strong problem-solving skills, time management and organizational skills
- Superior level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong proficiency in PC skills, including MS Word and Excel
- Travel and Medical Claims experience
- Insurance, Medical or Travel Industry experience
- A current Claims Adjuster License
- If a license is not currently held, the applicant must be able to obtain the necessary license during the time frame allowed prior to training. Upon hiring, candidate will have 3 attempts to pass the Oklahoma Licensing exam. If the exam, to obtain your license, cannot be passed within 3 attempts, employment will be terminated. We have a 98% pass rate.
Work at Home Requirements:
- Through our Bring Your Own Internet (BYOI) Program, you will be required to locate phone and internet service provider who meets our connectivity requirements and arrange connections in advance of your class start date.
- Current minimum speed requirements are 25 mbps download x 5 mbps upload speeds, preferably thorough broadband cable or fiber optic services (WiFi, Satellite, or DSL is not permitted.)
- A secure home office, located at your confirmed address of residence, free from background noise and other distractions
Location: Virtual Home Based or Phoenix, Arizona - Candidates must reside in Arizona to be considered for this position. Any candidate that lives within commuting distance of the Desert Ridge Service Center (35 miles) will be required to work onsite for the first 90 days during Training and OJT. From there, depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, or in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days). American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. Competitive annual incentive award program is available
Hours of Operation: Monday - Friday 6:00 am MST - 5:00 pm MST
***To be considered for this position you must reside in Arizona.
Salary Range: $24.05 to $48.10 hourly + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected hourly pay range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Your application has been successfully submitted.