Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Job #: R-00106662-OTHLOC-6314
Location: Remote, US
Category: Proj and Prog Management
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: Yes, 10% of the time
Potential for Telework: Yes, 100%
Referral Eligibility: Eligible
Referral Bonus Amount: $5,000.00
Leidos is looking for a Senior Program Management specialist to be part of a program management team to execute a portfolio of projects and to architect, solution, and execute a program management framework. The Selected candidate will play a critical role as part of the program performance management team. He/she will interface with technical leads to interpret and decompose scope, plan and schedule work and will perform tasks associated with providing status, measurement of accomplishment, actual cost collection, variance analysis, cost estimates at completion and resultant corrective action as they relate to an integrated risk, agile and EVM performance measurement solution. The selected candidate will assure technical scope, schedule, budget and corresponding risks are integrated and will be accountable to the Program Manager for performance and customer / internal reporting.
The program management framework will be used by all projects within the portfolio to consolidate and analyze data for decisions. Multiple program management tools will be integrated – scope management tool (VersionOne/Agilitiy.AI), schedule, resource (labor, material, ODC) planning and actuals, GFx, cost (Costpoint and SLICs), risk, and performance. The program management framework will gather execution data that can be used for future Basis of Estimates (BOEs) when estimating future work. The candidate will be a thought leader in product-based contracts, with proven experience in executing contracts integrating program management, agile, risk and EVM principles. The candidate will demonstrate the soft skills required to gather information from any existing team independently and is expected to adapt to the team culture with minimal guidance. Once established, the Sr. Project Manager will be the outreach point of contact for training and mentoring all levels of the project team to effectively use the new framework. The framework will be robust enough to tailor across other Leidos projects.
- Architect, solution, and execute a program management framework
- Within the new framework, maintain a project baseline and corresponding assumptions to adapt to constant change that typically impact multiple area or disciplines. Requires talent and experience in investigative inquiry; strong, data driven analytic thinking, creative problem solving and flexibility/agility to quickly assess, evaluate and respond.
- Partner and collaborate with the technical leadership charged with delivering the scope of the project
- Partner and collaborate with the scheduler and all business team members charged with implementing and producing the data of the schedule and financial deliverables
- Expected to be an active member of the program leadership team, leading others to accept the current program performance measurement practices
- Expected to be an active member within the division and Leidos to collaborate and grow agile and EVM best practices
- Expected to be an active member within the broader Industry and Government collaborations to keep pace with current program management execution approaches.
- Identify areas of maturity within current program management practices as needed to ensure continual improvement and efficiencies across the entire Program Management Office
- Ensure related Risk, Agile principles and EVM best practices are maintained within work teams
- Ensure that new tasks or projects are within scope
- Manage a current Estimate to Complete
- Manage all assumptions associated with the baseline and Estimate at Complete (EAC) period over period
- Participate in and meet the deadlines within the monthly business rhythm of the program
- Participate in scrums or any technical discussions, meetings, reviews, etc. as necessary to maintain situational awareness
- Manage resources and determine appropriate allocations and participates in the staffing process
- Coordinate any procurement requests to purchase materials or ODCs
- Ensure that the authorization to expend funds (labor, materials, ODC) are within budgetary constraints
- Review Weekly Hours Reports to ensure that charging within the account is correct
- Approve funding for subcontractors to fulfill CA
- Participate in responses to RFIs, RFPs, Requests for a ROM, or ECPs
- Open to work extended hours if necessary for critical meetings and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and at least fifteen (15) years of relevant work experience
- Ten (10) years’ experience in project, risk, agile and EVM management of large-scale software and test integration programs
- US Citizenship Required
- Thorough command of scheduling, risk, agile and EVMS tools
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to effectively plan and prioritize tasking
- Must be capable of performing high quality work both independently, and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
- A PMP or similar Project Management or Program Management credential
- Experience working with large software systems including hardware integration and test
- A CSM or other Scrum Master credential or coursework
- A Scaled Agile Framework or similar credential or coursework
- Current or past work experience and formal training as a project manager, CAM or with cost accounting, and/or earned value management (EVMS)
- Ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of significant importance to the organization/project, serving as a primary briefer on Cost, Schedule, Performance, IBRs, EV reviews and other program control events inside the Program, for Leidos leadership and with the Customer.
Pay Range $128,050.00 - $197,000.00 - $265,950.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.