Commercial Customer Success Manager
Commercial Customer Success Manager
at G2Chicago or Remote (US)
About G2 - Our People
G2 was founded to create a place where people will love to work. We strive to create meaning in work and provide more than just a job: a true calling. At the heart of our community and culture are our people. Our global G2 team comes from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, and that’s what makes our G2 community strong and vibrant. We want everyone to bring their authentic selves to work, and we do this through our company and team events, our G2 Gives charitable initiatives, and our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs).
Our employee-led, leadership-supported ERGs celebrate the diversity of our team, foster inclusivity and belonging, and create a space to connect to each other. Through connections and understanding, we build a stronger and more dynamic global team and help every person reach their personal peak.
We support our employees by offering generous benefits, such as flexible work, ample parental leave, and unlimited PTO. Click here to learn more about our benefits.
About G2 - The Company
When you join G2, you join the global team behind the largest and most trusted software marketplace. Every month, 5.5 million people come to G2 to inform smarter software decisions based on honest peer reviews. Authenticity is our focus, and every day we help thousands of companies, and hundreds of employees, propel their potential. Ready for meaningful work that starts and ends with compassion and heart? You’ve come to the right place.
G2 is going through exciting growth! We’ve recently secured our Series D funding of $157 million, which will further allow us to grow and develop our product and people. Read about it here!
About The Role
Commercial Customer Success Managers partner with some of our largest customers to ensure they fully adopt all aspects of their G2 subscription and are ready for expansion of other G2 products. They are the day to day face of G2 to our customers.
In This Role, You Will:
- Proud advocate that consults customers on best methods to take full advantage of G2’s products, including paid media, BI, content, and review strategies
- Form strong relationships that influence upsell opportunities, and shift from relationship to partnership with the client
- Understand and anticipate customer’s needs and goals; track customer progress on goals and capture big wins to provide ROI back to customer
- Build a strong partnership with your RM and develop an account playbook to expand and retain your book of business to meet/ exceed your goals
- Understand most general technical issues and be excellent at funneling to the appropriate channel - TS, TechOps, or when the CSM should be able to handle questions themselves. Will limit reliance on TS/ SolCons. This person also knows when to escalate cases based on the importance of the ticket and SLA.
- Manage, update and track all pertinent customer data in G2’s salesforce CRM instance
- Build and execute strategic account plans for portfolio
- Forecast renewal health with manager
- Respond to all customer communications in a timely fashion
- Work cross functionally to resolve customer issues within outlined service SLAs
- Ensure customer adoption of G2 Subscription
- Strong written and verbal skills including executive level presentations.
- Challenger-style mindset, regularly leads effective discovery
We realize applying for jobs can feel daunting at times. Even if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
- 4+ years of proven Customer Success, Account Management, Sales or relevant customer facing SaaS experience (high preference for experience in Digital Media/Marketing)
- Proven, verifiable track record of quota attainment / achieving NRR or other revenue goals
- Strong communication skills
- Process-minded, with experience in project management
- Detail-oriented, with clear evidence of implementing organizational systems
- Experience working closely with B2B demand gen, marketing operations, sales operations and analytics teams
- Familiarity with the marketing tech stack: Marketing Automation, digital marketing technologies, data providers, B2B digital media. Experience using Marketing Automation, CRM or related applications is a plus
- Travel on occasion to customer meetings/ conferences
- Experience with: Google suite, Salesforce CRM, data proficient
Our Commitment to Inclusivity and Diversity
At G2, we are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment where people of every background can thrive and feel welcome. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, or marital, veteran, or physical or mental disability status. Learn more about our commitments here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.