Student Services Specialist
Remote Student Services Specialist
Student Services SpecialistJob Description
For more than 80 years, Kaplan has been a trailblazer in education and professional advancement. We are a global company at the intersection of education and technology, focused on collaboration, innovation, and creativity to deliver a best-in-class educational experience and make Kaplan a great place to work.
The future of education is here and we are eager to work alongside those who want to make a positive impact and inspire change in the world around them.
Provides post-enrollment consultative services throughout the academic journey for College for Financial Planning students. Student Success Advisors are responsible for building supportive relationships; preparing new students for the rigors of their program; fostering positive student experiences; monitoring attendance, student progress, and academic success; and providing accurate and timely guidance and support related to CFFP policies, procedures, degree requirements, and related academic matters.
- Advises students on academic programs, policies, procedures, and course requirements; serves as liaison with other College departments as needed.
- Evaluates and monitor students' academic progress, and develop appropriate outreach strategies as necessary.
- Handles general student inquiries and/or concerns while working as a point of contact for students.
- Acts as an advocate for positive student experiences, while continuously reinforcing the importance of student self-sufficiency.
- Maintains accurate and thorough student records and documentation of communications with students within our student information management systems.
- Performs verification of student’s understanding of policies and course requirements including verification of receipt documents.
- Works as an active member of a team to ensure a positive student experience for all students.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ year of Service experience, preferably customer support in a call center environment or customer relations role.
- Internal IT and business systems.
- MS Office and Gmail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, to transmit information accurately and understandably.
- Strong focus on service excellence initiatives and positive student outcomes.
- Team player with adaptability to changes in workload, systems, and processes.
- Ability to learn core product lines.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and remain detail-oriented.
- Self-motivated, positive, and friendly demeanor; ability to remain calm and professional in all situations.
You must also satisfactorily pass the required training for your position in order to maintain continued employment.
We offer a competitive benefits package including:
Remote work providing flexible work/life balance
Comprehensive Retirement Package including 401K company match and two pension programs
Our Gift of Knowledge Program provides tuition assistance and substantial discounts for our employees and close family members
Competitive health benefits and new hire eligibility starts day-1 of employment
Generous Paid Time Off includes paid holidays, vacation, personal, sick paid time-off, plus one (1) volunteer day and one (1) diversity and inclusion day to participate and give back to our local communities
And so much more!
This position is a Salary Grade A
Remote/Nationwide, USAAdditional Locations
EmployeeJob Functional Area
Contact/Call Center OpsBusiness Unit
BU00117 College for Financial PlanningKaplan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All positions with Kaplan are paid at least $15 per hour or$31,200 per year for full-time positions. Compensation for specific positions are based on job level, skills, years of experience, and education, among other factors. Additionally, certain positions are bonus or commission eligible. Information regarding benefits can be found here.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity inspires innovation and growth in the Kaplan community. Kaplan strives to be a model employer for inclusiveness. Not only does Kaplan value its employees for their professionalism and skills, but also for the unique viewpoints they bring to the Organization. Kaplan's employees bring diverse perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds that give Kaplan a competitive edge in anticipating and exceeding our students' needs in today's global market. Learn more about our culture.
Your application has been successfully submitted.