Member Services Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Remote Member Services Representative
Member Services Patient Advocate
Imagine a workplace that encourages you to interpret, innovate and inspire. Our employees do just that by helping healthcare payers manage the cost of care, improve competitiveness and inspire positive change. You can be part of an established company with a 40-year legacy that helps our customers thrive by interpreting our client's needs and tailoring innovative healthcare cost management solutions.
Our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging are part of the fabric of our company. We strive to create a workplace that fosters mutual respect and collaboration, where every talented individual can participate and perform their best work. We are MultiPlan and we are where bright people come to shine!
Are you looking for a rewarding new position with an industry leader with a firm commitment to its employees? Join our team at MultiPlan! Founded in 1980, we are the industry’s most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. We have almost 1,000,000 healthcare providers under contract, an estimated 70 million consumers accessing our network products, and 46 million claims reduced through our network and non-network solutions each year. This position may be located anywhere in the Eastern, Central, Mountain or Pacific time zones. Work schedules are as follows:
- 5:00 am to 2:00 pm PT
- 6:00 am to 3:00 pm MT
- 7:00 am to 4:00 pm CT
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm ET
As a Member Services Patient Advocate, you will be responsible for addressing all member communications related to balance billing situations, educating of the process, and updating on the negotiations for closing out the balance bills.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Manages member phone line and answers all inquiries.
- Ensures member inquiries are addressed timely; including education.
- Ensures clear documentation of events associated to a medical claim.
- Manages a daily running inventory of claims, prioritizing one's work schedule accordingly.
- Addresses all member emails, incoming calls, texts and inquiries.
- Maintains daily tasks of sending letters to members and recording contact information.
- Keeps the Lead Patient Advocate direct report informed of critical matters.
- Collaborates, coordinates, and communicates across disciplines and departments.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe and unobstructed workplace environment.
- Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company's core values.
- Please note due to the exposure of PHI sensitive data -- this role is considered to be a High Risk Role.
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Specific qualifications for the role include:
* Minimum High School Diploma
* Experience in a medical healthcare claims role dealing with facilities, providers and members
* Background in healthcare claims management and the ability to interpret benefit plans/Explanation of Benefits
* Proactive, self-starter
* Ability to manage high call volume
* Experienced and highly skilled in working with phone inquiries.
* Possesses exceptional multi-tasking and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
* A high level of professionalism, organization and flexibility.
* Detail focused
* Self-Motivating personality and a professional demeanor that promotes a team environment.
* Manages self and time so as to meet provided timeframes and deadlines, becoming flexible when necessary
* Able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment
* Bilingual preferred
* Excellent organizational skills demonstrating strong attention to detail.
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products and web-based applications
* Required licensures, professional certifications, and/or Board certifications as applicable
* Individual in this position must be able to work in a standard office environment which requires sitting and viewing monitor(s) for extended periods of time, operating standard office equipment such as, but not limited to, a keyboard, copier and telephone
* Regular, timely attendance
We realize that our employees are instrumental to our success, and we reward them accordingly with very competitive compensation and benefits packages, an incentive bonus program, as well as recognition and awards programs. Our work environment is friendly and supportive, and we offer flexible schedules whenever possible, as well as a wide range of live and web-based professional development and educational programs to prepare you for advancement opportunities.
Your benefits will include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage (low copay & deductible)
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- 401(k) + match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Summer Hours
MultiPlan is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable laws and regulations. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here opens a pdf file.
The salary range for this position is $22.00 to $27.00/hour. Specific offers take into account a candidate’s education, experience and skills, as well as the candidate’s work location and internal equity. This position is also eligible for health insurance, 401k and bonus opportunity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.