Customer Service Representative I
Representative I, Customer Service
Customer Service Representative I
Who are we?
Versant Health is one of the nation’s leading administrators of managed vision care, serving millions of our clients’ members nationwide. We are driven by our mission to help members enjoy the wonders of sight through healthy eyes and vision.
As a Versant Health associate, you can enjoy a comprehensive Total Rewards package, which includes health and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) with company match, pet insurance, no-cost-to-you vision insurance for you and your qualified dependents. We are also invested in your success. There are many opportunities for advancement and development throughout all stages of your career with us.
See how you can make a difference with the support of strong leadership and a team environment.
See Everything, Be Anything™.
What are we looking for?
The Customer Service Representative I responds to customer service inquiries including, but not limited to, benefit information and timely fulfillment of requests for Versant Health Membership, Providers and Client Representatives. Acting as a liaison with internal and external Versant Health business partners to provide an exceptional customer service experience.
Where you will have an impact.
- Responsible for providing exceptional customer service, while answering incoming Member and Provider telephone inquiries in a manner that is always respectful and courteous
- Proficient use of proprietary systems to respond to customer inquiries and requests, adhering to defined customer service standards. (ex. knowledge of in/out of network co-pays, non-plan allowances/retail value as well as the various network relationships)
- Act as a liaison coordinating efforts between, Member, Provider, Client Representatives and the manufacturing facilities
- Flexibility in work schedule as business needs require
- Ability to identify and perform requirements relative to specialty services (including but not limited to student proof, prior approval, medically necessary contacts, special voucher/authorization processing, and requesting enrollment cards as well as out-of-network requirements) and/or order entry
- Shadow perspective associates and new associates during initial instruction. This involves providing feedback to the hiring management team and trainer
- Ability to probe and identify the critical content of inquiries and route caller as appropriate. Achieve and maintain individual Key Performance Indicators (e.g. quality, adherence to schedule) at acceptable departmental levels while supporting organizational performance measures
- Perform in adherence to the company core values including but not limited to privacy, confidentiality and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA)
- Participate in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements as specified within your departmental goals. This is in addition to the completion of any activities necessary for the maintenance of professional affiliations or organizational requirements
- Responsibility for reviewing educational notifications and remaining current on procedural changes
- Regular reliable attendance is required
- Meet and/or exceed all performance expectations
- Career opportunity with additional training in skills for higher level position which will be considered minimal qualifications should open positions become available
- Other duties as assigned
What’s necessary to do the job?
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year of related experience
- Knowledge and experience in the insurance, health, or vision care industry preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Versant Health will never request money from candidates who seek employment with us and will never ask for any payment as part of the recruitment process.
Versant Health is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Versant Health without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The wage range for applicants for this position is [$16.50 to $17.50].
All incentives and benefits are subject to the applicable plan terms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.