Associate Digital Product Development
Work Location Options:Hybrid/Virtual
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
Associate Product Development Manager I – Marketing and Loyalty
The Consumer Banking team is a new team within the Global Consumer Services Group (GCSG) at American Express. The team is on a mission to expand the concept of American Express membership through a relevant, curated set of financial services products at differentiated value. We recently launched Amex Rewards Checking®, an innovative digital checking account with a debit card attached, where customers can earn points as they spend.
Digital Product Development teams at American Express play a central role in identifying customer needs, building outstanding experiences, and leading teams across the company to launch, improve and cultivate products that provide our customers with world-class digital experiences.
Within Consumer Banking, the Digital Product Development team is responsible for managing and improving internally built as well as partner sourced products and services that support the team vision. The person taking this role will support the Product Development Life Cycle for Loyalty Membership Rewards features and Marketing Platform expansion. Key focus areas will be building capabilities to expand our market reach using new channels and dynamic targeting.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Sr. Product Development Manager in defining and delivering Loyalty and Marketing products and capabilities
- Collaborate with product owner partners and other key team members to define the product roadmap and refine the backlog
- Conduct data analysis as needed to inform the product roadmap
- Participate in product ideation and research with a focus on Loyalty and Marketing and finding opportunities for innovation
- Focus on product prioritization and validation while focusing on driving the bank’s KPIs
- Engage with partners across the bank to create detailed requirements for the prioritized products and capabilities
- Leverage problem statements, user stories, mockups, and wireframes to clearly present the capability to developers and other key team members
- Coordinate across key team members including Legal, Compliance, Privacy, and Risk teams to incorporate key requirements into new features
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Project, and External Partners to deliver impactful products for the bank
- Leverage feedback from customers and servicing representatives to iterate and drive process improvements
- Drive product validation management process for product and feature releases
- Lead production validations for new feature rollouts
- Passion for exceptional products and services, able to empathize with customers, and skilled at articulation of product functionality
- Understanding of tech and product development processes, known as a businessperson who can speak both tech and business languages
- Curiosity and hunger to know how things work and ability to use that knowledge to make connections and find opportunities with an entrepreneurial mentality and bias toward action
- Excellent communication skills across distributed and global teams with ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment
- Highly organized, taking individual initiative and accountability for getting results
- Strong project management skills
- Can communicate and present information effectively and efficiently within a large, complex organization
- Experience in new product development or product management
- Bachelor’s degree required
Salary Range: $60,000.00 to $110,000.00 annually + bonus + benefits
The above represents the expected salary range for this job requisition. Ultimately, in determining your pay, we'll consider your location, experience, and other job-related factors.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That's why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
US Job Seekers/Employees - Click here to view the “Know Your Rights” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.