Revenue Operations Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Revenue Operations Specialist
The Organization: Merit America
The American economy is broken. Today 53 million working adults–nearly half of the U.S. workforce–do not earn a living wage. And these talented workers have few options to advance: college is too long and expensive, full-time bootcamp programs don’t offer enough flexibility, and online courses don’t have the structure or support to translate learning into a new career. The result? Talented workers, disproportionately people of color and women, get stuck in low-wage roles with no way to build a better life for themselves and their families.
Merit America is a national nonprofit that creates pathways to family-sustaining careers for Americans without college degrees, stuck in low-wage work. Our fast, flexible solutions are built for working adults: we start by analyzing tens of millions of job postings to identify in-demand, high-paying tech careers, and then work with industry-recognized partners to train for these roles with part-time programs that combine flexible online learning with best-in-class coaching. Finally, we work with a broad constellation of local and national employers like JPMorgan Chase and Infosys to place learners into higher-earning, family-sustaining jobs, driving an average wage gain of $19k. Merit America is on a mission to build a scalable pathway for workers to join the middle class through merit, not money. We’re on track to generate $1B in wage gains by 2024.
About the Role:
The primary mission of the Revenue Operations Specialist - Learner Funding and Google Partnership is to support key revenue operations projects affecting learner funding. The Specialist will keep track of all the workstreams needed for the implementation and successful operations of Google Career Certificate Fund and the Zero Percent Interest Loan across Merit America, as well as additional projects. They will act as a project manager, working closely with all teams and coaches to ensure all tasks are identified, captured and completed on time.
The Revenue Operations Specialist - Learner Funding and Google Partnership will report to the Sr. Manager of Revenue Strategy and Operations. A successful candidate will 1) create systems to keep track of all workstreams required for the implementation and successful operations of the Zero Percent Loan, 2) follow up with staff from across teams to make sure tasks are on track, and 3) proactively flag any challenges ahead of time so solutions can be identified.
As the Revenue Operations Specialist - Learner Funding and Google Partnership at Merit America, you will have a unique opportunity to support the implementation and successful operations and scaling of the Zero Percent Loan, allowing every learner to access Merit America’s programs.
What You’ll be Doing:
The responsibilities of the Revenue Operations Specialist - Learner Funding and Google Partnership will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create a system to keep track of all Zero Percent Loan workstreams: who is doing what, when, and how? What are the interdependencies across teams?
- Work cross-functionally with Merit America’s Program, Product, Marketing, and Sustainability teams to improve processes and ensure deadlines are met on time
- Support team members with relevant information as Program / Admissions teams write and develop trainings related to the Google Fund
- Support financial tracking and auditing of the Fund, including internal data audits of Salesforce for reporting accuracy, and external and internal reporting
- Liaise between Sustainability and Program / Operations Team for the Google Fund partnership and additional future partnerships
- Flag any challenges proactively and propose solutions to address them
- Work with each team lead to track success indicators and share a monthly update with the Executive Team, with support from your manager and the CBO
What Makes a Successful Candidate:
We know that women and people of color are often less likely to apply to a position if they don’t match 100% of the job qualifications. Don’t let that be the reason you miss out on this opportunity! We encourage you to apply if you can demonstrate many of these skills and competencies. Below are the skills that are relevant for thriving in this role:
Project Management Skills
- Ability to keep track of a constantly changing set of deadlines and priorities across multiple work streams and teams in an extremely organized manner and to ensure all tasks are on track
- Ability to work effectively with frontline coaching staff
Data-Driven & Results-Oriented Operations
- Bias for action -- a willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to make things successful
- Phenomenal operational skills, including an obsession with using data
- Incredible attention to detail
Experience in High-Growth Organizations:
- Strong background in managing organizational change while quickly establishing credibility and trust across teams
- Exceptional organizational skills to juggle multiple demanding opportunities at once
- Ability to create and operationalize new organization-wide systems/processes for fast-scaling organizations and to thrive in a rapidly-changing environment
Mission-Driven Team Player
- Be energized by our organizational mission - to provide a pathway to family-sustaining careers for Americans without college degrees
- Proven history of living within our values
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for our collective success
- Commitment to DEIJ
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience as a coach
- Previous experience as a project manager for complex projects that span multiple departments
- This position is full time: 4 days/week
- Location: Remote
- Salary : $66,300 - $66,300
Our goal is to have competitive and equitable compensation. We have a market-based compensation approach which means that we benchmark each role from reputable data sources. We compare our benchmarks against similarly sized non-profit organizations with comparable annual budgets and geographical areas. We pay the same rate for the same roles and adjust to comply with statutory mandates.
We take care of our employees by providing the following perks and benefits:
- 4-day work week (Fridays are an operating day if there is a holiday closure during the week)
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (100% Paid Employee Only Coverage)
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Dependent care Flexible Spending Account
- Health Reimbursement Account fully funded by Merit
- Education reimbursement & personal development stipend
- Short and long-term disability
- Unlimited vacation (after a 90-day introductory period)
- Paid Parental Leave and Adoption benefits (after 1 year of employment)
- 10 federally recognized holidays
- 1 week office closure in July (week of July 4th)
- 2 week holiday office closure in December/January
- 401(k) retirement plan with automatic Merit contribution
- Employee Assistance Program | Talkspace | Sanvello
- Discount perks at work program
- Phone/technology stipend
- Home office setup stipend
Remote Work & Sponsorship
Candidates must reside within the 50 states or District of Columbia and have full authorization to work in the U.S. In addition, Merit America doesn't offer employment visa sponsorship.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Building an inclusive, high-performing team that is diverse across lines of personal identity is integral to our success and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This means we do not discriminate against any job applicant or employee because of their race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
We actively strive and evolve to develop and maintain workspaces that are fully inclusive. We encourage candidates from underrepresented groups to apply.
Still excited about our work? You can learn more about our work in this video we made with our founding partner, Google.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the I-9 Form.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Merit America closes the opportunity gap at scale by preparing adults stuck in low-wage roles for well-paying careers.