Labor and Employment Paralegal
Labor and Employment Paralegal
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
This role is fully remote. Our Employment and Labor Paralegal will report to Senior Counsel, Employment and Labor, and will play an integral role in building, supporting and implementing strategic and operational initiatives as a member of the best legal team in crypto. Beyond helping Kraken’s employment attorneys, you will collaborate with cross-functional teams including litigation, commercial and corporate to improve the Krakenite experience and protect the company’s brand.
- Assist Senior employment counsel with preparing for internal and external investigations, depositions, hearings, and settlement conferences; completing legal and administrative tasks, including, working on individual cases, matters, or projects
- Draft employment and consulting agreements and correspondence to potential external counsel, attorneys, administrative agencies, courts and third parties
- Draft and file pleadings, such as initial drafts of discovery to propound and discovery responses
- Conduct manual and electronic evidentiary and document reviews
- Perform legal research for US and non-US labor laws, rules, and case law
- Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments and Labor and Employment practice objectives
- Prepare meeting materials, i.e. PowerPoint Presentations and schedule conference calls and web-based meetings
- 5+ years experience as a global Labor and Employment paralegal, or within a cross-functional legal team with strong employment focus
- Experience with employee investigations, agency charges (EEOC, Civil Rights)
- Knowledge of key US employment laws such as EEO, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, with knowledge of US state laws, non-US laws desirable, and data privacy desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take direction and work independently with little or no supervision
- Good organization and attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to complete tasks on time
- Capability for organizing and prioritizing multiple competing assignments to meet deadlines and corporate needs
- Versatility, flexibility and enthusiasm to work within an organization with constantly changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Strong IT skills (we are a remote first company)
- Experience with non-US or global projects desirable
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Your application has been successfully submitted.