Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions
of companies - from the world’s largest enterprises to the most
ambitious startups - use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue,
and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase
the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead.
That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global
economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of
About the team
Join Stripe’s Docs Content team and help a range of audiences–from
enterprise software developers to small business owners–become
successful with Stripe’s variety of products and services.
Stripe cares deeply about the experience of our users. We’re looking for
technologists who are skilled at explaining technology to developers and
non-developers alike. Your technical writing skills will play an
essential role in the adoption of our industry-leading technologies for
developers worldwide. We need writers with exceptional writing ability
and strong technical competence to provide an engaging experience for
all of Stripe’s users.
What you’ll do
You’ll join the technical writing team to enable Stripe’s users and
engineers to quickly ship reliable code, while minimizing cognitive
- Document Stripe products, including conceptual overviews, task-based
- guides, and tutorials.
- Deliver results in a dynamic work environment with plenty of autonomy.
- Create documentation for both new and experienced developers
- integrating with Stripe.
- Work alongside our development teams and other stakeholders to ensure
- content expertise and documentation accuracy.
- Push Stripe and the industry forward by dreaming up and implementing
- new ways to deliver, author, analyze, and interact with technical
Who you are
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be
considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are
encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a
- 6+ years of Technical Writing experience.
- Adept at communicating technical concepts clearly and precisely.
- Creative, empathetic, collaborative, optimistic, and curious.
- Able to quickly iterate and improve.
- Skilled at distilling clarity from ambiguity.
- Highly conversant with Git.
- A perpetual learner and teacher.
- A development background in Ruby, Go, Python, PHP, Node, Java, or
- Proficient with command line interpreters (e.g., bash, zsh).
- Adept at running code samples with third-party libraries.
Pay & Benefits
The annual US base salary range for this role is $130,600 - $176,800. For sales roles, the range provided is the role’s On Target Earnings ("OTE") range, meaning that the range includes both the sales commissions/sales bonuses target and annual base salary for the role. This salary range may be inclusive of several career levels at Stripe and will be narrowed during the interview process based on a number of factors, including the candidate’s experience, qualifications, and location. Applicants interested in this role and who are not located in the US may request the annual salary range for their location during the interview process.
Additional benefits for this role may include: equity, company bonus or sales commissions/bonuses; 401(k) plan; medical, dental, and vision benefits; and wellness stipends.
Remote in United States
We look forward to hearing from you
At Stripe, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Stripe, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.
Your application has been successfully submitted.