Software Engineer – Full Stack
Software Engineer – Full Stack
About Climate Ai ClimateAI is a mission-driven for-profit venture, currently in stealth mode aiming to create resilience products at the intersection of food, water, and energy. We use AI to predict the risk of climate change on specific assets and use this info to help design climate adaptation strategies for stakeholders ranging from growers in agriculture to investors in developing economies. We are challenging conventional wisdom by attacking problems in climate science that were previously thought to be insurmountable. These technological breakthroughs are unlocking new business model innovations for accelerating climate resilience. We just raised our pre-series-A financing round backed by some of the most prominent names in the venture capital industry. ClimateAI was founded at Stanford University and the CEO has worked with Vice President Al Gore. We're looking for a smart, passionate, team-oriented Software Engineer to join our growing team.
About the role:
We are a young startup, looking for a passionate candidate who can contribute to our mission to deploy impactful solutions to the most important issue of our generation. Our focus will be on developing climate adaptation & resilience tools for various sectors, with agriculture as our initial market. We are looking for a Software Engineer familiar with both frontend and backend technologies. Any experience with cloud infrastructure is a bonus.
This person will be developing services within the ClimateAi platform. This individual should be able to work remotely and supremely self-driven, with an eye for detail, and contributions to the team through regular feedback, working with both the tech/product teams. The ideal candidate will have a deep passion for building sophisticated software systems, a devotion to engineering craftsmanship, an unwavering commitment to quality.
Also, the candidate will be working on shaping the vision of the company and brand Climate Tech. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working on open-ended projects, both individually as well as in a fast-paced environment. We hire people who are collaborative, adaptable, communicate well, and love to learn. Expect to give and receive constructive criticism, as we are constantly re-evaluating our hypotheses and our products.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, user experience, product and analytics teams to identify needs, evaluate requirements, write specifications, and design and implement sophisticated software systems.
- Bring a proven understanding of algorithms, design patterns, debugging and memory/performance optimization.
- Be experienced in core tech related engineering domains such as low-level systems, SDK integration and device performance characteristics.
- Create documentation and tech plans for new architecture/system designs
- Have an impact across on features, performance and developer efficiency.
- Conduct regular code reviews to ensure high quality
- Scope out tasks and systems, looking for future improvements
- Strive for excellence in software craftsmanship, and collaborate with peers to improve software design.
- Grow with the business; stretch yourself and learn new skills and domains.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent)
- 1-2 years proven experience as a software developer.
- Good programming experience in backend development technologies like Python, Java, Golang, Ruby etc.
- Experience developing and contributing to production quality backends monoliths or micro services.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Comfortable understanding and debugging unfamiliar code in a large project.
- Proven track record collaborating with other partners to design and implement features and systems with excellent problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills – particularly the ability to discuss timelines, design concerns and provide helpful feedback to team members.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS ARE CONSIDERED STRONG PLUSES BUT ARE NOT REQUIRED:
- Prior experience in live ops situations
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with cloud infrastructure like AWS, GCP
- Experience with DevOps
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Competitive salary, ClimateAi stock plan
- Medical, dental, vision benefits
- Learning budget per year
- Discretionary Time Off policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Culture of diversity and inclusion including employee resource groups
- Work with cool people and be part of the mission to help the world
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Location: Remote LATAM
Compensation: Aligned with the best standards of start-ups.
Added Benefits: Employees may expense relevant learning, growth, and personal development costs.
Please include the job title in the subject line. Please include any relevant links to personal web pages, LinkedIn, GitHub, or similar platforms.
Your application has been successfully submitted.