This job is no longer accepting applications.
The RFP Analyst reports to the RFP Proposal Manager for Helmsman Management Services and is responsible for coordinating, editing and assembling RFP’s for presentation to customers. The RFP Analyst will match RFP questions with RFP responses from the databases and collect and track completed RFP responses.
- Researches RFP answers with applicable department(s) to ensure responses accurately reflect business capabilities and are presented and marketed correctly.
- Assist with RFP database maintenance and updates, including coordinating with appropriate SMEs throughout the year to ensure accurate and updated responses for current business practices.
- Provide adhoc support to Helmsman pricing and sales teams to support the overall new business process.
- Applies skills and knowledge obtained while in the Associate Business Analyst role, or through equivalent experience, by performing business operations analysis (how works gets done within a functional group) and reporting and analysis that is typically function-specific (e.g., claims, distribution, underwriting, marketing, etc.).
- Performs research, analyzes information, presents findings, and assists in recommending changes and/or taking action based on various factors (e.g., data insights, regulatory changes, feedback from quality assurance reviews, market information, etc.) to solve problems and improve business outcomes?
- Seeks advice from manager and/or more experienced staff to guide and further professional growth.
- At least 75% of time is spent on a combination of the following responsibilities:
- Performs research by gathering data from a variety of sources, which may include operational data, metrics, competitor information, and feedback from business partners.
- Analyzes information to identify trends, patterns, gaps and insights using descriptive analytics.
- Assists in building the business case for making a change to current practices, programs or procedures.
- Conducts current state assessment, opportunity assessment, cost/benefit analysis, feasibility assessment, etc.
- Supports implementation of business process improvements.
- May own implementation and evaluation of smaller scale changes.
- Provides input to metrics used to determine operational performance, staffing needs, productivity, or other measures deemed valuable to an organization.
- Owns report development for reports considered of lower level complexity. Recommends changes to, makes modifications, prepares, and distributes standard and ad hoc reports/dashboards.
- Assists in developing presentations and shares findings as well as recommendations.
- Receives, evaluates and responds to data-related inquiries by applying knowledge of data and business operations and obtaining information from various sources
- Demonstrated research, problem solving, analytical, critical thinking, and relationship management skills.
- Business operations knowledge to include understanding the function’s value chain and awareness of market conditions.
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Developing knowledge of available data sources, strengths and shortcomings.
- Knowledge of technology, including website, intranet, extranets, databases, knowledge management tools and presentation software;
- Flexibility to adjust hours and work the hours necessary to meet operating and business needs, including working overtime as needed.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelor s degree or equivalent experience in addition to 6-9 months of relevant experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.