Student Success Coach - Remote
Help others work towards realizing academic success.
Imagine a career where your success is measured by the progress of those you serve: aspiring college students. You can inspire others to realize their academic potential, reach their educational goals and make the most of their abilities with Colorado Technical University. Our team is committed to making a difference, one amazing student at a time. We invite you to do the same in this exciting role:
Student Success Coach
Be the mentor who helps students strive for academic excellence by empowering them to do their best work, overcome challenges, and work to develop the skills to become lifelong learners. You will work with each student throughout their learning experience to challenge, motivate, support and encourage them to do more than they may have thought possible.
What you’ll do
- Support enrollment, student development, and retention services while ensuring a quality learning experience.
- Manage a group of assigned students and coach each through their degree program.
- Encourage and support students as they work to develop skills and knowledge for academic success.
- Provide a trusted environment where students can share their thoughts, aspirations, concerns and interests.
- Offer resources to help maximize the success of each student.
- Be a liaison for students, enabling them to connect with various departments.
What is required
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (or international equivalent)
- Two or more years of experience in academic/admissions support, customer service, human resources and/or counseling essential
- Knowledge of academic policies and procedures
- Ability to learn technical skills quickly
- Excellent communication/listening skills, including a pleasant phone manner
- Strong customer support focus and attention to details
What we offer*
- Salary Range between $23 and $24 per hour
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical, pharmaceutical, dental, and vision benefits
- Health savings and flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Additional benefits including an Employee Assistance Program, prenatal and adoption assistance, and other voluntary benefits to select from.
*Most benefits apply to full-time employees. Some benefits apply to part-time employees as well. Benefits may vary by location and position and are subject to change at any time. Ask your recruiter for full details and information about eligible dependents.
About the Role
The Student Success Coach is responsible for assisting students throughout their education program with CTU. In this role you will be speaking with students over the phone and responding to inquiries received through our systems. Working from your home office, you will have an assigned schedule during our hours of operation, that define a 40 hour work week. We are open Monday-Thursday 8am to 7pm CDT, and Friday & Saturday 8am to 5pm CDT, we hire people from all time zones that have availability during our hours of operation, in support of our students.
About Colorado Technical University (CTU)
For 55 years, Colorado Technical University (CTU) has helped students fit a real-world education into their busy daily lives. With nearly 80 degree programs and concentrations in which students can pursue a variety of degrees at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral level, CTU provides flexible online classes, accessible through the University’s Virtual Campus or the innovative CTU Mobile app. CTU also maintains two ground campus locations in Colorado Springs and Aurora, Colo. With the help of faculty and industry professionals, CTU has awarded over 109,000 degrees to traditional campus and online students since 1965. For more information about CTU, visit www.coloradotech.edu.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colorado Technical University is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and considers all persons without regard to age, color, disability, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $23.00 - $24.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
- customer service: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Colorado Technical University
CTU offers nearly 90 online degree programs in business, management, computer science, IT, criminal justice, accounting, finance, healthcare, nursing ...