This job is no longer accepting applications.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
Liberty Mutual’s Global Cybersecurity organization is actively searching for a highly motivated and passionate manager, aligned to the Governance, Risk & Compliance (GRC) Issues Management team. In this position, your primary responsibility is to provide guidance and support to stakeholders, management, and staff members to effectively execute Issues Management services to support GRC programs. This includes staying informed of and adapting to technology changes, maintaining awareness of ongoing threats and risks, and understanding business drivers and impacts that shape technical decisions. You and your team would work with stakeholders and partner teams to identify and communicate findings based on the outcomes of ongoing assessments to identify and advise on cybersecurity risk solutions. The ability to assist with effectively managing and communicating complex control issues with sensitivity to diverse audiences, all within an agile atmosphere, is absolutely critical in this role.
About the job:
- Through hiring, coaching, counseling, and individual development, create a motivating work environment to foster high performance. This includes, but not limited to defining individual performance objectives, ensuring alignment to organizational objectives, and building development plans, focused on team growth, learning and effective collaboration.
- Evaluates team and individual performance, as well as makes compensation recommendations.
- May be asked to review the design and implementation of processes and services implemented by the team.
- Provides technical expertise and leadership for complex issues ensuring they are managed effectively by being closed on time and technically sound, so they remain closed.
- Lead team through a growth journey increasing their areas of responsibilities and capabilities.
- Effectively communicate complex issues and details to diverse audiences, including executives.
- Partners with and supports Scrum Master and Product Owners to enable and optimize delivery of prioritized work.
- Champions and effectively utilizes agile methodology and practices and advocate for continuous improvement and ongoing measurement using data-driven methodologies.
- Maintains ongoing awareness of existing and proposed security standard setting groups, State, Federal and Global regulations, and assesses impact and modification to existing issue management lifecycle processes as necessary.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in technical or business discipline or related experience.
- Minimum 8+ years of professional experience in IT equivalent areas.
- Minimum 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity risk concepts and enterprise issue management.
- Highly proficient in cybersecurity, risk and compliance concepts, processes and able to design and execute patterns.
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand, communicate, and/or apply requirements.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and consensus building skills required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.