Observability Engineer - DevOps - Staked
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Remote Observability Engineer - DevOps - Staked
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the role
Kraken is looking for an experienced observability engineer to build and maintain the Staking monitoring infrastructure. This is an opportunity to monitor, observe, and operate very diverse application set in crypto. You will have exposure to a wide range of blockchains. We’re a diverse group of engineers dedicated to making cryptocurrency available and accessible to the world and enabling people from all walks of life to invest in their independence. The Kraken experience needs to be ambitious, simple, and user-centered; come and help us make that happen!
To be successful in this role, you will need to be responsible for maintaining and improving the staking infrastructure's observability. The job requires executing work, documenting work, and influencing others across the team on best practices.
What you will do:
- Contribute to the implementation of the refactor/evolution of observability data acquisition
- Implement “next generation” observability/incident management User Interface in yet to be decided platform and implement alerting/annunciation rules
- Contribute to the integration of a new observability tools/platforms from the broader Kraken observability apparatus
- Establish technically detailed triage/escalation/remediation procedures and tooling to automate it
- Enable a high level of visibility into the state of services and infrastructure
- Be familiar with risks introduced to the organization by third parties and processes to mitigate these
- Take a risk-based approach to all facets of information security
- Have a "finger on the pulse" of current challenges and different methods to monitor nodes and applications' health
- Optional: relevant and well-regarded certifications in cloud computing such as CKA (Certified Kubernetes Administrator), AWS Professional or Specialty levels, Google Professional level
- Scripting Experience: Python or Go (Preferred)
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience with Sumo Logic, Splunk, PagerDuty, or Datadog is a plus
- Optional: Experience with HashiCorp product lines, Jenkins, Helmfile
Location Tagging: #Canada #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Your application has been successfully submitted.