Global Payroll Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Remote Global Payroll Manager
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the role:
The Global Payroll Manager will be responsible for processing and/or managing payroll for multiple entities around the world using CloudPay platform. This position will require strong people management skills, coordinating and checking payroll with external vendors, preparing the journal, and making sure payments are made timely and accurately. You will need to work cross functionally with HR, Treasury, external vendors and accounting teams. In this position, you will be part of a dynamic, humble and open-minded team, who processes payroll globally. Can do attitude and willing to roll up the sleeves is a MUST to be successful.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare and/or review payroll runs globally (Cloudpay and Trinet)
- Resolve payroll issues and errors by partnering with our business partners.
- Work with various stakeholders to improve payroll process
- Work independently as well as be a strong contributor within our internal account teams (e.g. align with the regional HR sub-departments & other HR Teams)
- Stay up to date with local payroll regulations including international
- Act as a functional expert and main contact point regarding payroll related escalations
- Act as the main point of contact on the country level for internal and external audits by coordinating payroll feedback and escalating to global leaders when necessary
- Oversee relationship with external payroll providers by tracking their performance and establishing KPIs for improvement when necessary
- Drive to prepare monthly payroll reconciliations, journal and accrual reports
- Take ownership and represent the payroll function during ongoing projects
- Review and suggest process optimizations to ensure alignment with local rules and global processes, and compliance
- Understand end-to-end payroll functions and is able to relate these to company objectives
- Ensure and oversee compliance with statutory and SOX reporting and filing requirements
- Challenging As-Is and fueling projects with the concept of new/better way of working
- Deliver team targets
- Maintain, achieve and improve SLAs and create new plans if necessary
- Help achieve high-team satisfaction, motivation, and great transparency within the team
- Ensure that stakeholders receive clear and timely communication
Who You Are:
- Minimum 8+ years of experience working in a payroll/accounting environment
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in team management and coaching
- Experience in payroll, payroll tax and compliance for multi-state US and international (EMEA, APAC, Canada)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills is a must
- Experience with start-up companies preferred
- Experience with payroll/accounting technology (ex: Workday, Netsuite, CloudPay, ADP)
- CPP or CPM is a plus
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member
- Ability to take ownership of payroll processes
- Problem solving mindset & positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Crypto experience is a plus
- Ability to work remote effectively
Location Tagging #US #Canada #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Your application has been successfully submitted.