Sr. Events Marketing Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Sr. Events Marketing Specialist
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Events Marketing Specialist (based in United States or Canada) with expertise in planning and executing virtual conferences. Zapier’s on a mission to make everyone more productive at work, and you’ll be at the forefront of creating experiences that connect Zapier with existing and potential users alike.
In this role, you’ll be bringing Zapier’s virtual user conference, ZapConnect, to life. Coming into the third year of this flagship event, ZapConnect brings together our talented community of customers, partners, and industry experts to inspire them with new ways to achieve more in less time—with less effort. A successful Senior Events Marketing Specialist will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, budget-savvy, engage strategic thinking, and be able to approach unique problems with a solutions-based attitude.
If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- Be accountable for the successful execution of the live, virtual conference this fall of 2023
- Source and maintain relationships with vendors, such as event technology providers and event agencies
- Oversee the build-out and implementation of the chosen event technology for the conference
- Be responsible for the day-to-day marketing, planning, and logistics for the virtual conference
- Collaborate with cross-functional and external teams to keep projects on track and within budget
- Own speaker onboarding process, including preparing speakers for the event and supporting our production team in creating high quality, pre-recorded content where applicable
- Create, maintain, and share resources used to prepare the team and broader company
- Wrap up logistics and data findings post-event
- Support the Events Marketing team with new and ongoing initiatives, such as webinars or customer events, as needed
- Travel up to 5% to assist with set up, execution, and tear down for in-person events as needed and Zapier’s annual retreat
- You’ve planned large-scale virtual conferences. You have 5+ years of experience managing events, with experience planning large-scale virtual conferences. You have an understanding of how events can make an impact on company goals and are eager to create an experience that supports Zapier’s users.
- You are tech-savvy. You have experience working with event technology and are eager to become an expert in new tech.
- You are organized. You obsess over details and keep yourself and collaborators on track by staying focused.
- You have excellent time management skills. You have strong time management skills and are keen to build processes that’ll make yours and your colleagues’ jobs more efficient over time.
- Problem-solving energizes you. You have a love for creative problem solving and are not afraid to suggest new ideas or improvements that can have an impact.
- You are comfortable wearing multiple hats. There is no task too big or too small. You’re excited to help create special moments for each of our customers and are not afraid to try something new to do so.
- You are an excellent communicator. As a fully remote and distributed company, writing is our primary means of communication at Zapier. You communicate successfully across teams at a growing organization and create clear documentation to enable teammates to be successful within the projects you contribute to.
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
- Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
- Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
- Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
- Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
United States: 94,500 - 141,700 USD
Canada: 94,500 - 141,700 CAD
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We are looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description. All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check out this resource for a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.