Clinical Admin Coordinator – National Remote – Part Time
This job is no longer accepting applications.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Talk about meaningful work. Talk about an important role. Let's talk about your next career move. Due to our expanding business, UnitedHealth Group is seeking Clinical Administrative Coordinators who share our passion for helping others live healthier lives. As one of the world's leading health care companies, UnitedHealth Group is pursuing innovative new ways to operate our service centers and improve on our ability to deliver high-quality care. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive for our members and providers. You'll have the opportunity to do live outreach, educating members about program benefits and services while also helping to manage member cases. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. Take this opportunity and begin doing your life's best work. SM
What makes your clinical career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll work within an incredible team culture; a clinical and business collaboration that is learning and evolving every day. And, when you contribute, you'll open doors for yourself that simply do not exist in any other organization, anywhere.
This position is full-time, Saturday – Sunday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 10:00am – 7:30pm Pacific Time. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Manage administrative intake of members or the admission/discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage request for services from members and/or providers
- Manage the referrals process, processing incoming and outgoing referrals, and prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Receive care coordination notification cases for non-clinical assessment/intervention and provide appropriate triage.
- Review requests for adverse determination, approval notification and processing notification requirements
- Assist the clinical staff with setting up documents/triage cases for Clinical Coverage Review
- Handle resolution/inquiries from members and/or providers that may include:
- Benefit and Eligibility information
- Billing and Payment issues
- Customer material requests
- Physician assignments
- Authorization for treatment
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Have to be able to access San Diego County Electronic Health Records
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Must be able to create, edit, save and send documents utilizing Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to navigate a PC to open applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Must be able to access San Diego County Electronic Health Records with no restrictions
- Experience working within the Healthcare Industry
- Experience working with Healthcare Insurance
- Experience working in a Hospital, Physician's Office, or Medical Clinical setting.
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Working Knowledge of Medical Terminology to communicate with members and providers
- Experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Services
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, Washington or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for California / Colorado / Connecticut / Nevada / Washington / New York City residents is $16.00 – $31.44.Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.