Customer Support Representative, Chat & Email
**thredUP is transforming resale with technology and a mission to inspire a new generation of consumers to think secondhand first. By making it easy to buy and sell secondhand, thredUP has become one of the world’s largest resale platforms for women’s and kids’ apparel, shoes and accessories. Sellers love thredUP because we make it easy to clean out their closets and unlock value for themselves or for the charity of their choice while doing good for the planet. Buyers love shopping value, premium and luxury brands all in one place, at up to 90% off estimated retail price. Our proprietary operating platform is the foundation for our managed marketplace and consists of distributed processing infrastructure, proprietary software and systems and data science expertise. In 2018, we extended our platform with thredUP’s Resale-As-A-Service (RaaSⓇ), which facilitates modern resale for a number of the world’s leading brands and retailers. thredUP has processed over 125 million unique secondhand items from 35,000 brands across 100 categories. By extending the life cycle of clothing, thredUP is changing the way consumers shop and ushering in a more sustainable future for the fashion industry.
How You Will Make An Impact
thredUP is expanding our customer support team to Scottsdale, AZ and we’re seeking bright, articulate, detail-oriented candidates with a desire to help us exceed our customers’ expectations. Our Customer Support team plays a critical role in delighting our customers through delivering timely, accurate and professional customer service.
This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist customers with their orders and returns as well as with any bag processing questions from our sellers. Customer Support Representatives communicate with our customers via mobile and web chat. You will utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research and review policies and communicate effective solutions in a fun, and fast paced environment.
We are currently hiring for our mid-morning to afternoon shift.
This role is currently operating in a hybrid model with 1 day a week (Wednesday) in office.
In This Role You’ll Get To:
- Conferring with customers via chat & email
- Investigating and/or adjusting any transactional issues regarding bag processing and payouts, merchandise listings, orders and order returns, and other business processes/services
- Work with other members of the team to meet individual and collective goals for high productivity, low customer dissatisfaction rate, low total ticket resolution time, and appropriate first response time.
- Maintains updated knowledge of various marketing/promotional strategies offered our customers
- Identifying ways to improve processes and the customer experience, surfacing problems early to Team Managers and being creative in proposing solutions.
- Participate in the completion of production goals and special projects.
- Maintaining a cooperative and constructive attitude and spirit, especially during hard days and conversations
What We’re Looking For:
- Has 1+ years customer service experience, communicating with customers via chat and email
- Knowledge of product categories, pricing, delivery times and methods.
- Knowledge of CS software and proficient using Google Suite, smartphone applications or similar experience
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Will be an integral player in thredUP’s story and business, and will contribute to its success by creating amazing thredUP’s customer experience
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is comfortable with the ever-changing requirements of the #startuplife
- Has a “let’s do this NOW” attitude and is not afraid to step up and handle the tough stuff
- Composes professional and heartfelt responses. You may or may not have written an essay for a professor lately, but with your writing skills, you’d get an A+
- Burst of good energy needed to push through the tough days alongside their team
- Is tech-savvy and able to quickly navigate web/mobile applications to perform the job
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
What We Offer:
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Medical, dental, vision, 401k, life and disability insurance offered
- We live by our Core Values of Transparency, SpeakingUP, Thinking Big, Infinite Learning, Influencing Outcomes & Seeking the Truth
- RaaS - Inc. Magazine, 2022 Power Partner Awards
- Thrift the Look– TIME Magazine, The Best Inventions of 2022
- Winner of Lattice's “People Vision” - recognizing thredUP as a top place to work for our investment in professional development and our innovations in work-life integration
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
If you are a candidate with a disability and have a reasonable accommodation request for the job application process, please email email@example.com
the specific details of your disability related accommodation request. This email address is reserved for candidates with disabilities only. General application inquiries will not receive a response.
Before you go, our legal team wants you to know...You must be at least 18 years old and have basic English literacy skills. Employment with thredUP is contingent on each candidate passing a 7-year background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Your application has been successfully submitted.