Customer Success Chat Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Customer Success Chat Specialist
Are you a passionate innovator looking to harness the power of technology to do more good? You’ve come to the right place. At Bonterra, our purpose is to power those who power social impact. To that end, we serve the people who make social good possible—the doers behind the scenes across nonprofits, public agencies, corporations, philanthropic organizations, and foundations.
As the second-largest and fastest-growing social good software company in the world, Bonterra brings together leading solutions from CyberGrants, EveryAction, Network for Good, Social Solutions, and their respective entities. By bringing our intuitive technology and expertise together, Bonterra will enable unprecedented connectivity between social good organizations and their community of supporters and constituents. This will reshape philanthropic giving, empower digital transformation, and bring the social good sector the technology it needs to accelerate lasting social change.
We are looking for you to bring your experience in customer service and support to GiveGab to go beyond just assisting our clients and help them achieve success. We need someone that lives to provide excellent service, as this position is typically the first and often the only personal interaction the user will have with the product. We also need someone who is technical enough to understand and address product issues. This role requires excellent interpersonal communication skills and reports to the Manager, Customer Support. This job is an entry-level, hourly position, with opportunities for advancement.
Areas of responsibility:
- Provide front-line support by responding effectively to client needs and questions, both technical and non-technical through email, phone, and chat support lines (Primary responsibility)
- Work with customers to help them be more effective at fundraising and engaging supporters on GiveGab’s platform
- Collect feedback about the product and our value proposition, and provide that feedback through the proper channels to other teams at GiveGab to help continually improve the platform and our offerings
- Create product documentation that will help clients achieve success
- Contribute to GiveGab’s online, self-service Help Center
- Provide testing and product feedback to GiveGab's product teams
- Cater to the needs of our Giving Day customers, nonprofits, partners, and sponsors alike
- Support the Project Management team on 1 Giving Day per season
- Assist the Process Coordinator with customer success processes as needed
- Follow standard operating procedures for troubleshooting issues, executing processes, and finding accurate information to relay to customers
- Work collaboratively with both the Customer Success team and greater GiveGab team to reach and maintain our target KPIs
- Undertake additional short-term projects as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- 2+ years experience in a customer-facing role
- Flexible schedule that allows for some later nights and weekends during our peak seasons and 24-hour giving day events
- Exceptional customer service skills and a desire to provide a truly satisfying customer service experience
- Flexibility in a working environment, being able to redirect or change courses in the middle of a task to address the most pressing need
- Strong multitasking capabilities to work on many chat conversations, tasks, spreadsheets, and more in a very communication-heavy environment
- Comfortable in a small, fast-paced and high-growth start-up environment with a "grace-under-fire" personality when the pressure to deliver is high
- Demonstrated problem solving and technical skills
- Ability to internalize team needs and self-direct
- Excellent verbal, communication, writing, and documentation skills
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures accurately and efficiently
- Positive, supportive, and welcoming attitude for all members of the team
- Associates or Bachelors degree and/or relevant experience
- Experience with fundraising in the nonprofit sector
- A general understanding of software design and development principles
- Some HTML and CSS knowledge
Our team is made up of industry experts and advocates who are 100% committed to supporting the doers of social good. We are currently undergoing an effort to create the vision and values that embody our collective organization and embrace the individuals who make up our community.
Some of our comprehensive and competitive benefits include:
- Generous PTO policy
- Equity for ALL regular, full-time employees from individual contributors to management - share in our success!
- Up to 15 paid company holidays including some commemorating social justice events and self-care
- Paid volunteer time
- Resources for savings and investments
- Paid parental leave
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance with additional access to health and wellness programs.
- Opportunities to learn, develop, network, and connect
- When we can—company-sponsored events and swag!!
Your application has been successfully submitted.