Receptionist - Japanese Speaker
This job is no longer accepting applications.
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Regent Seven Seas Cruises, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. Our onboard staff is meticulously trained in the art of Regent CARE Service and share a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience in the cruise industry. They are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our guests onboard.
ABOUT REGENT SEVEN SEAS CRUISES
Regent Seven Seas Cruises is the world's most inclusive luxury cruise line. The cruise fares include all-suite accommodations, round-trip air, highly personalized service, acclaimed cuisine, fine wines and spirits, Wi-Fi, sightseeing excursions in every port, all gratuities, and a pre-cruise luxury hotel package for those guests staying in concierge and higher suites. Four award-winning, all-suite vessels, Seven Seas Navigator, Seven Seas Mariner, Seven Seas Voyager and Seven Seas Explorer are among the most spacious at sea and visit nearly 350 destinations around the globe. A sister-ship to Seven Seas Explorer is expected to be delivered in 2020.
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Acts as a filter for guest complaints or concerns to Concierge;
- Ensures front desk logs and reports are maintained within Company Standards;
- Ensures guest requests are dealt with in a timely and efficient manner and that appropriate follow up is carried out;
- Pro-active approach to problem solving;
- Telephone duties;
- Comment card data entry and other administrative duties as required;
- Embarkation and debarkation duties (guest check-in);
- Ensures sufficient amount of printed matters available at all times;
- Logging guest issues in front desk logs and ensures follow up completed;
- Passes on queries from guests regarding on board account, amenities, shipboard credits flights etc.;
- Attends front office meetings;
- Daily follow-up of all front desk logs;
- Completes end of cruise filing and start of cruise docs are ready in accordance with guidelines from assistant purser
- Responsible for setting up guest account, cash payments and guest account queries;
- Providing US Dollars and foreign currency exchange services to guests;
- Providing Cash Advances and Foreign Currency Account Payments to guests;
- Safe Audits daily and foreign currency audits;
- Attending on board gaming activities and preparing final figures and audits;
- Accounting duties as instructed by Chief Purser or Second Purser;
- Assists, where necessary, in training new reception staff in front office operations;
- Promotes and Participates in Signature Service Training Program
- Monitor the practical application of the Company's policy, procedures and instructions.
- Participate in crew and passenger safety drills according to instructions from ship’s command;
- Comply with company safety and pollution prevention regulations;
- Microsoft Office Suite, Fidelio Cruise, Micros Fidelio Point of Sale and NVS
- Hospitality Background required;
- Reception and Front Office background required;
- Understanding of the highest level of service;
- Excellent administrative skills;
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to Speak and Write Japanese Fluently
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to work in an international environment;
- Ability to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a pleasant working environment
- Excellent appearance
- To be able to meet all pre joining requirements.
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Regent Seven Cruises’ policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Your application has been successfully submitted.