Underwriting Assistant, North America Specialty
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Under direct supervision, the Underwriting Assistant learns to support at least one profit center and various business partners. Using standard operating procedures, reference material, detailed processing instructions, and guidance from mentor, the responsibilities of this role may include: clearing new submissions, performing support and distribution tasks, processing rating requests, issuing policy/audit/endorsement/cancellation requests for commercial lines of business in a timely and accurate manner, while adhering to compliance guidelines and attestation controls.
- Learn to use various systems, standard operating procedures, and instructions from stakeholders as a means to perform responsibilities that may include: clear new submissions, support and distribution tasks, process ratings, issue policy/audit/endorsement/ cancellation requests for commercial lines of business.
- Learn to maintain documentation in support of compliance and Attestation controls.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Learn to apply and interpret standard operating procedures.
- Participate in root-cause problem-solving exercises.
- Participate in team huddles, learn from others, and adhere to our diversity, equity and inclusion practices and principles.
- As requested, engage in self-development.
- As requested, participate in additional work assignments.
Additional Locations: Remote
- Associate Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as Microsoft Office and data-based systems.
- Strong verbal, reading and written communication skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.