Sr. Recruiter - USA, ET/CT/MT (100% Remote)
Close is a bootstrapped, profitable, 100% remote, ~70 person team of thoughtful individuals who value autonomy and impact. We’re eager to make a product our customers fall in love with over and over again.
We ❤️ startups & SMBs. Since 2013, we’ve been building a CRM that focuses on better communication, without the hassle of manual data entry or complex UI. Our goal: double the productivity of every sales rep.
We care deeply about the candidate experience and looking for someone to join our team that is solely responsible for all aspects of hiring and recruiting as we grow our team.
You should have a commitment to integrity, quality, friendly-strength, and team building. You have a background recruiting for a remote, tech company. Ideally you have experience working within an international ecosystem. You are excited to be the first person in this role, working along side the People Operations team and Hiring Managers.
Our team is heavily engineering focused; you should have confidence to recruit for these types of roles in addition to marketing, sales, support and success.
You have an understanding and awareness of the market and how to connect with top talent. You showcase a high level of discernment, sense of urgency, exceptional attention to detail and have strong follow-up and follow-through. People know you for your winning attitude, excellent communication skills and approachable nature.
You are comfortable working remotely as part of a small team with a high level of autonomy. You can devise your own schedule and effectively manage your workload based on the company priorities.
You will be the main point of contact for all candidates and team members involved in the hiring process - anticipating needs on both sides is a critical part of this role. You care about the candidate experience and are always looking for ways to improve.
You’ll report directly to the Director of People Ops. This is an individual contributor role and currently does not have any direct reports, however will be responsible for partnering closely with the people operations team and hiring managers.
About the Role
All recruiting efforts are currently managed between the people ops team and hiring managers. The company has developed a strong internal process. Your greatest contribution will be attracting top talent and owning the recruiting process end to end. In addition to pipeline management, your responsibilities will expand to create outbound strategies, source candidates and help increase brand awareness.
Team growth projections for 2023 are ~30 people with our highest priority to bring exceptional talent onto the team. We place emphasis on finding the right person for the role and are aware this often requires more investment in time and resources.
- Partner with Hiring Managers & People Operations to create job descriptions, interview processes, expectations and success metrics
- Own the candidate experience from initial contact through signed offer
- Manage & delegate pipeline management for all active positions
- Host introduction/ background calls and reference checks
- Track meaningful KPIs - use data to direct improvements
- Expand candidate outreach and promotional efforts
- Develop and implement outbound strategies for sourcing high-quality candidates
- Build and manage the talent nurturing process
- Increase brand awareness - partner with People Operations and Marketing to help drive culture content
- Work closely with people ops to ensure a smooth onboarding process
- 3-5 years experience recruiting at a tech company (remote strongly preferred)
- Must be physically located in US ET, CT or MT
- Strong experience in sourcing top talent
- Successful experience attracting quality candidates
- Exceptional written and spoken English
- Proficiency with an ATS & LinkedIn Talent Solutions
- Experience creating brand awareness
- Experience managing pipelines and conducting interviews
- Solid understanding of HR practices and labor laws
- Culture video 💚
- 100% remote company (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- Choose between working 5 days/wk (standard full-time) or 4 days/wk @ 80% pay
- Annual team retreats ✈️
- Quarterly virtual summits
- 5 weeks PTO + Winter Holiday Break
- 2 additional PTO days every year with the company
- 1 month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Paid parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision with HSA option (US residents)
- 401k matching at 6% (US residents)
- Dependent care FSA (US residents)
- Contributor to Stripe's climate initiative 🌍❤️
- Our story and team 🚀
- Build a house you want to live in -- Examine long-term thinking and action
- No BS - Practice transparency and honesty, especially when it’s hard
- Invest in each other -- Build successful relationships with your coworkers and customers
- Discipline equals freedom -- Keep your word to yourself and others
- Strive for greatness -- Constantly challenge yourself and others
How We Work Together
- Productivity, Quality & Impact: We don’t track hours. We trust you’re an adult and know best how to prioritize, meet your goals and contribute at a high level.
- Asynchronous communication & collaboration: We have team members all over the world. We don’t expect anyone to work untraditional hours, that means our default is async. Most teams have 2-5 hours of internal meetings weekly.
- Appreciation for Deep Work: *During your normal work day, not after a day a meetings*.
- Autonomy & Freedom: Create a work environment that is sustainable for you. We place a high amount of trust and responsibility with our team members from the start.
At Close, everyone has a voice. We encourage transparency and practice a mature approach to the work-place. In general, we don’t have strict policies, we have guidelines. Work/Life harmony is an important part of our business - we believe you bring your best to work when you practice self-care (whatever that looks like for you).
We come from 20+ countries located in 5 of the 7 continents. We’re a collection of talented humans, rich in diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and cultures. Every year we meet up somewhere around the world to spend time with one another. These gatherings are an opportunity to strengthen the relationships within our global community.
Our team is growing in more ways than one - in the last few years, we've launched 24 babies (and counting!). Unanimously, our favorite and most impactful value is “Build a house you want to live in.” We strive to make decisions that are authentic for our people and help our customers become more successful.
Our application process was designed to promote equitable and unbiased hiring practices. We ask a small series of questions that are similar to what would be asked in the first interview. This helps us learn more about you right from the start so please be sure to answer each question thoughtfully. Each application will receive two screens by two different reviewers. Regardless of fit, you will hear back from us letting you know if we'll be moving forward.
Your application has been successfully submitted.