Employee Records Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job #: R-00101233-OTHLOC-6314
Location: Remote, US
Category: HR Operations
Schedule (FT/PT): Full Time
Travel Required: No
Potential for Telework: Yes, 100%
Referral Eligibility: Ineligible
Leidos has a career opportunity for an Employee Records Specialist in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. The Employee Records Specialist will support the Human Resource (HR) Services organization in the areas of processing employee data changes in the Workday Human Capital Management (HCM) system, and maintaining the employee master files of all active and former Leidos employees.
The Employee Records Specialist will provide advanced Workday processing guidance to other internal service teams in the HR Services organization. The Specialist will be responsible for entering both basic and complex transactions at the employee level into the Workday HCM system, including retroactive data changes. This role will also be reviewing/proofreading employee data transactions in Workday. The Specialist will support requests for file reviews submitted by recruiters, hiring managers, and other internal customers, as well as support the employee population for employment verification requests. Additionally, you will work closely with investigators from the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) and other agencies in performing records checks. This position will have a strong focus on internal customer support and will require a high degree of confidentiality and professional discretion due to the sensitivity of the records managed.
- Perform data entry of any Workday transactions where employees or managers are unable to complete them via Employee Self Service or Manager Self Service.
- Process personnel changes in Workday (i.e. employee transfers, promotions, salary, status and address changes, terminations, benefits enrollments, etc. based on input from internal and external customers).
- Interact with internal and external customers to open and close customer requests; using some judgment according to approved procedures.
- Researches and resolves concerns with minimum supervision based on experience and judgment.
- Perform transaction “walk-throughs” in support of internal or external audit requests.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external customers on Workday transaction procedures and Records Requests.
- Ensure HR data integrity and resolve missing data issues with manager, employee or HR POC.
- Review for accuracy all data entry Workday transactions against source documents for accuracy to include typographical and numerical entered data.
- Assist in the maintenance and updates of employment files of Leidos employees
- Audits and reconcile imaged records for completeness and appropriateness quality and accuracy of imaged data prior to the removal of physical files.
- Performs scanning and indexing of HR Documents such as I-9’s or other forms to be maintained and stored in the HR Documentum system
- Provide support for management, inventory, maintenance, and retention of personnel records of 35,000+ active employees as well as retention of personnel files of former employees
- Responsible for the implementation and management of records management systems solutions
- Coordinates the separation of records into personnel records, immigration compliance records, medical records, drug test results, and litigation hold records.
- Prepares employee verification letters to social agencies, adoption agencies and others that cannot utilize third-party vendor verification
- Serve as a lead POC for Government Security Investigators
- Keeps accurate log of Government Security Investigator file reviews for OPM audit purposes
- Work with VP of HR Services, Workplace Relations, Legal and others as assigned to provide additional documentation and information as it relates to master employment records or background verification data
- Assists with the ordering of background verification requests for existing Leidos employees with third-party vendor for record completeness
- Participate in information sharing with other service center representatives; identifying trends and making recommendations for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Extensive experience supporting internal customers in a specialized HR capacity.
- Commitment to outstanding customer service, both internal and external.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make connections with customers in writing.
- Demonstrated skills utilizing business software applications (such as MS Office) as well as ability to learn new applications quickly
- Ability to navigate multiple applications running simultaneously
- Ability to understand and complete complex retroactive processing.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to comprehend reports generated by HRIS/Workday that require research to isolate a problem; reach out to any affected department(s); and make any and all corrections within Workday.
- A minimum of a High School diploma coupled with 4+ years of general business experience.
Pay Range $36,400.00 - $56,000.00 - $75,600.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.