Lease Admin Manager - Remote
Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of America
Manages the work activities and staff responsible for providing real estate portfolio administration, database management, accounts payable and receivable, and audit services within the lease administration platform. Focuses on day-to-day operations and manages relationships with internal and external customers to ensure client service needs are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizes and formally supervises the work and performance of staff responsible for providing lease administration services for assigned clients. Collaborates with Manager to establish performance objectives for department staff and monitors and reports on accomplishments.
- Acts as single-point-of-contact with client for all service delivery concerns. Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with clients, their landlords and tenants. Facilitates fast, accurate and efficient new account transition.
- Conducts periodic meetings with clients to review satisfaction with current services and discuss potential needs for expanded service.
- Establishes processes and controls for delivery team to ensure client working and database lease files are accurate, up-to-date and of institutional quality. Edits narratives in support of computer-generated reports. Reviews monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports for accuracy and timeliness.
- Conducts periodic review of leased and owned portfolios to determine risk, audit, accuracy and value. Communicates with clients on the status of their account and any relevant findings obtained during the review.
- Analyzes and interprets operating expense data and prepares correspondence for clients or landlords initiating desk or full scope audit findings.
- Conducts audits and negotiates audit findings with client and its landlord to ensure sufficient credits and appropriate charges are made.
- Conducts financial analysis/accounting as appropriate, including AR/AP, rent rolls, and budgets in accordance with required accounting principles (GAAP, TAX, CASH, etc.).
- May participate in the preparation and delivery of RFPs to potential clients. Provides counsel, as needed, regarding the respective client to internal staff responsible for overall presentation preparation.
- Develops and implements procedures and systems that continually improve and streamline the operation and management of the accounts.
- May provide and/or assist with budgeting and forecasting activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area. Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff. Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with Accounting, Finance or Real Estate plus a minimum of five years commercial real estate experience. Experience in property management or real estate accounting preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with staff, landlords, tenants, public, corporate management and clients. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Conducts advanced financial analysis including the preparation of reports.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems in standard or non-standard situations, where several solution options are available. Considers impact of decision on client, team and department to determine best solution; exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Advanced knowledge of computer software and hardware (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite Products). In depth understanding of lease administration functions and services. Ability to work well under pressure. Advanced organizational skills, attention to detail.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to department.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for the Lease Admin Manager position is $80,000 annually and the maximum salary for the Lease Admin Manager position is $100,000 annually. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. Successful candidates will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on CBRE’s applicable benefit program.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
Your application has been successfully submitted.