Appointment Scheduling Customer Service Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Who We Are:
Signature Performance is working hard at lowering healthcare administrative costs for federal government agencies, payers, and providers. At Signature, our mission is to improve the health of our clients' business and making the lives of the people we work with better. We do that by leading with our values of Passion, Courage, Integrity, and Respect in all interactions.
What We Offer:
Signature believes in fully developing each one of our Associates. We deliver a performance-driven atmosphere with competitive pay, world-class training and development classes, resources, and events, an award-winning culture to thrive in, and so much more.
- Tuition Assistance Program
- 401(k) program with employer contributions
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Competitive Paid Time Off for Sick and Vacation Time
- No-cost annual flu shots
- A hybrid work-from-home and/or on-campus work plan
The Associate will answer calls from health care providers and the VA in their efforts to deliver medical, dental, and pharmacy services for eligible veterans unable to receive care at local VA medical centers. Typically providing the assistance needed to resolve questions and issues regarding health care claims and payments. Delivery of consistent and exceptional customer service is crucial for success in this position. The Associate is responsible for researching complex issues across multiple databases and working with support resources to resolve issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues. This position requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging in dialogue, voice and message, with the caller.
- High school diploma or GED
- 1+ years of call center experience preferred
- 1+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems OR 1+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, build rapport, and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Basic proficiency with Windows PC applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook (ability to create, edit, save, and send)
- Exhibit, with confidence, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work any shift within hours 7:00 am to 12:00 am (ET) Monday through Friday and overtime as needed based on department needs
- 1+ years of medical appointment scheduling preferred, but not required
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required
- Experience working with the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) would be helpful but is not required
- Prior health-related field preferred - Business processing, medical terminology / billing, or claims experience would be a plus
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail, a positive attitude, and personal drive/motivation
- Respectful, courteous and have a heart for service
- The incumbent must be able to effectively operate the current computer system, telephone system, and other office machines such as copier and fax machines.
- Answer incoming phone calls per day from customers and identify the type of assistance the customer needs
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Contact care providers (doctor's offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance when needed
- Assist customers in navigating UnitedHealth Group and/or VA CCN websites while encouraging and reassuring them to become self-sufficient in using our tools
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- Have a deep commitment to deliver exceptional customer service in a positive working environment
- Strive to resolve caller issues expeditiously while exceeding expectations
- Maintain constant awareness of service level and queue status in order to meet contractual requirements
Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This position will require you to have the ability to effectively operate the current computer system, telephone system, and other office machines such as copier and fax machines.
You will be responsible for conducting business and personal affairs in a manner that is always a credit to the company. Must maintain a good credit rating while employed with the company.
Remote eligibility is determined by Management and/or Human Resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.