Job ID 2019-2241
Do you have a passion for helping others achieve their goals and overcome challenges? Are you confident speaking with different types of people? Does high-energy describe your personality? Are you a good listener and a patient problem solver? If you answered yes to these questions, then you might be a perfect fit for the Online Admissions Representative position at Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA).
Purpose of the Position:
As a member of the admissions team, you'll be responsible for meeting clearly defined metrics and performance levels in a dynamic work environment. You will be responsible for contacting prospective students who have expressed an interest in furthering their education and you will help them understand how the programs offered at our campus can meet their needs. . The Admissions Associate conducts all admissions activities with the highest integrity and business ethics while adhering to state, federal, and UMA policies and procedures. The Admissions Representative reports to the Director of Admissions.
UMA is a nonprofit healthcare educational institution with a national presence. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida and founded in 1994, UMA offers content-rich, interactive online courses as well as hands-on training at our campuses.
As an Admissions Representative, you’ll help prospective students decide if enrolling at UMA is the right choice for their education. And you don’t need to have experience working at a school for this role, because we provide comprehensive paid training.
We are hiring for full-time remote associates with no travel required. UMA is currently focused on interviewing candidates for this position located in Florida, Ohio, and Arizona.
- Pay rate: $19.23
- Medical (including prescription), Dental, Vision (Company subsidized)
- FSA/HSA (Depending on Medical Plan chosen)
- $50,000 Life Insurance (Company paid)
- Additional Voluntary Life Insurance (Team Member paid)
- Employee Assistance Program – EAP (Company paid)
- Long Term Disability (Company paid)
- Short Term Disability (Team Member paid)
- Supplemental Insurance such as Critical Illness, Accident, and Hospital (Team Member Paid)
- Paid Time Off – 15 days accrued in year 1, 9 holidays, and 1 day of Volunteering Time Off
- 401k (eligible upon completion of 90 days of employment and must be at least 21 years of age)
- Pet Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Follows admissions criteria for all perspective students in accordance with all school and company policies and procedures, all applicable federal and state regulations, and all accrediting agency standards and requirements.
- Contacts potential students utilizing most appropriate method of contact (e.g., phone, email, etc.) to set up information session.
- Conducts interviews of prospective students while gauging interest level, area of study, time and availability, etc.
- Serve as liaison between prospective student and Admissions on their initial visit to the school
- Contact graduates, previously cancelled students, and students scheduled to start in classes to provide program opportunities and assess class readiness.
- Use Interaction Client to efficiently respond to student inquiries through inbound and outbound phone calls, emails, and other forms of approved communication.
- Evaluates prospective students based on his/her needs, desire, interests, qualifications, motivations, commitments, and determinations in a qualitative manner.
- Completes and maintains all required paperwork (e.g., enrollment, transfer requests, etc.) and data entry in an accurate, timely, and compliant manner.
- Refers students as appropriate to Student Finance and/or correct department.
- Schedules appointments for campus tours.
- Follows all training and guidance as provided by the Director of Admissions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and carefully follows all applicable federal and state compliance requirements and regulations including those prescribed by the Department of Education, accrediting agencies, CIE, and internal UMA policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates compliance requirements to students and other staff as appropriate and quickly escalates any compliance concerns to the Compliance department.
Work Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience in education, customer service, sales, or related field. (Required)
- Support diverse and inclusive work environment
- Upholds all compliance standards by performing job duties while acting in accordance with all school and company policies and procedures, all applicable federal and state regulations and all accrediting agency standards and requirements.
- Ability to be customer-centric by ensuring each prospective student has his/her needs met while developing and building collaborative relationships.
- Ability to uncover the needs, desires, and strengths of prospective students and help them select a program that best matches those requirements
- Manages work time effectively by ensuring all work is completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Presents information in a factual and ethical manner to prospective students and others regarding school's programs, tuition, fee schedules, refund policy, payment plans and other college policies and procedures which impact students.
- Strives to be a team player by working effectively in a team environment and within and across Ultimate Medical Academy departments.
- Associates degree or higher.
- 3 years of direct sales and/or customer service experience.
- Typing Skills 40 plus WPM.
- This is a full-time remote position
- Home Office set up, quiet place to work, ability to hard-wire into high-speed internet connection
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Requires long periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer
- Requires occasional bending, stooping and squatting
- Requires occasional lifting of up to 10 lbs.
Our institutional values are shaped and validated by our team members. They describe how we strive to operate and are the standards of behavior we look to embody.
ACT WITH INTEGRITY
We operate honestly and ethically in an industry-compliant fashion. We are fair and trustworthy in our interactions with all we serve. Our team members, at all levels, lead by example and strive to do the right thing for our students and for each other. We are disciplined professionals who strive to be straightforward and dependable.
CHAMPION STUDENT OUTCOMES
We live by a strong commitment to our students and are passionate about preparing them for meaningful careers. We are deeply dedicated to ensuring students’ educational and career success. We excel at building our students’ confidence and empowering them to reach their full potential.
COMMIT TO TEAM MEMBER SUCCESS
We are committed to our team members’ success and to each other’s success. We strive to create an environment that attracts and retains the best talent while offering continuous learning, professional development and career growth opportunities. We recognize and reward our team members for their contributions to the organization and to our students.
PURSUE RESULTS WITH PURPOSE
We pursue results with a sense of urgency and purpose. We take responsibility for achieving ambitious, measurable results and hold each other accountable. We think strategically and critically, greet new ideas and challenges openly, and look for innovative solutions to challenges.
HAVE FUN. BUILD ENERGY
Enjoying what we do is central to achieving our goals. Building energy, having fun, being optimistic and creating a positive working environment are all critical to our success and that of our students. We strive to be inspired and to inspire others. We consistently show appreciation and celebrate our successes, both large and small.
WORK AS ONE
We believe that diverse, inclusive teams produce breakthrough results. We strive to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues from all types of backgrounds by showing respect and humility when interacting with each other and resolving conflicts in a constructive manner. By working together, we win together - as one - ensuring that the goals of the company are the focal point of our efforts.
This job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position. It may not include every job responsibility. Job duties may fluctuate based on needs of the business. UMA reserves the right to revise the job or require that additional or different tasks be performed.
I have read and understand all the responsibilities and accountabilities in my job description. This job description is a tool used by me and management to help assess, evaluate and provide guidelines and expectations for the position named herein. I understand that it is not a contract and it does not constitute any guarantee of future employment.
UMA will NEVER ask you to send money or ask you to provide bank account information in order for you to get reimbursed for tools to work. If you have been contacted by someone claiming to be from UMA about a job posting, you can always verify the position at https://careers-ultimatemedical.icims.com/
Your application has been successfully submitted.