Japanese Customer Support Specialist (Remote)
Type of Support: Email, chat, low volume phone support (forum moderation, additional internal tools)
Contract Duration: Permanent
Position type and schedule: CET or JST timezone | schedule TBD (requires weekend availability)
Work type and Location: Remote in Japan
Expected start date: January 26th, 2023/ ASAP
About The Role
Do you like helping others? PartnerHero is looking for talented Japanese-speaking folks to join our Customer Support teams. We have a range of opportunities available for people who have built a career in the customer support space and those looking to break into the industry. We are interested in matching your unique skills, experience and interests with one of our many Partners across a variety of industries including Edtech, eCommerce, Fintech, Health and Wellness and more. As a PartnerHero employee, you’ll have the support you need to develop and grow your career.
The reason you join won’t be the reason you stay!
- Providing friendly, professional, and helpful responses to customer support tickets, via email, chat and phone calls (very low volume) in English and Japanese
- Mastering the product you support, learning all its nuances, and keeping up-to-date with the latest updates and support policies
- Troubleshooting technical issues reported by customers and offering solutions. Brand-new issues must be documented and escalated to designated teams to provide accurate and precise information to customers
- Keeping track of common pain points, and feature requests that customers express and surface these insights regularly with the hiring partner
- Regularly suggesting new help articles and canned messages that can be used to address common customer questions
- Working on special short-term projects required and requested by the hiring client
- Multitasking and shifting attention amongst multiple tasks, as needed
What You Bring To The Table
- Excellent English and native Japanese speaking and written skills are requirements for this job
- Amazing customer service sensibilities
- Proactive attitude and the willingness to take the initiative without being asked to
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly communicate through accurate and timely typing
- The ability to work under pressure and diligently
- Handle difficult conversations and challenging situations
- Ability to work effectively with management and be part of a team to meet targets
- Strong reading comprehension and problem-solving skills — great Support Heroes know how to “read between the lines” to give customers the help they need
- More web, computer, and smartphone-savvy than the average person
- Flexibility with schedules and days off
What We Provide
- Full-time with the potential for overtime if requested by Partner
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Attractive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision options based on the location
- Access to free posture-based fitness workouts from home
- Paid Sabbatical Leave
- Training opportunities provided by PartnerHero and outside entities
- 1-on-1 coaching with feedback sessions, mentorship, and opportunities for cross-functional development
PartnerHero is a mission-driven company with a passion for helping good businesses succeed. We build teams that help companies scale in every facet of their business—from customer support to Software QA, content moderation, design, engineering, and more. We work with over 75+ tech-forward companies including Etsy, Udemy, Rachio, Duet, and Bento Box to solve their most urgent business challenges. Our teams are among the most successful in the industry because we carefully match individuals with the opportunity that best suits their authentic talents and needs.
How We’re Different
Historically, the outsourcing industry has valued profit over people and compensated for high turnover by underpaying employees. We want to change that. PartnerHero not only offers fair compensation and benefits but values inclusion, belonging and opportunity.
Read more about our Core Values and story here.
PartnerHero is committed to ensuring your privacy and the protection of your personal data. By filling out the forms associated with your job application and submitting your data to us, you are giving us your consent to process your data and store it for potential recruitment and hiring purposes.
To understand more about PartnerHero’s privacy program, including your rights and options for managing the personal data you submit to us, please visit our Privacy Center here.
Your application has been successfully submitted.