Data Entry Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Responsible for entering medical claim forms (i.e. HCFA-1500/UB-04) into in-house database, vendor web tools, etc.
- Serve as back-up for converting documents to PDF files.
- Performs other related responsibilities as assigned.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure adherence to Zelis standards regarding privacy.
Technical Skills / Knowledge:
- Has basic understanding of key medical claims billing information that is required for entry into CMS and where that can be found on claim forms (i.e. HCFA-1500/UB-04).
- Detail oriented and ensures accuracy when entering information from a claim, eliminating future delays and errors related to typo’s or missing information.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize CMS and MS Office applications
- Thorough knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures
- Requires close daily supervision
- Ability to follow detailed instructions on assignments
- Regularly reviews goals and objectives with supervisor
- Must have professional manner and respect the confidentiality of administrative matters and files
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Recognizes deviations from expected observations
- Calls attention to results that require analysis
- Completes work in a timely fashion
- Outstanding ability to multiplex tasks as required
- Attention to detail
- Regularly attends and participates in departmental meetings
- Must be proactive to ensure proper follow up and completion of projects
As a leading payments company in healthcare, we guide, price, explain, and pay for care on behalf of insurers and their members. We’re Zelis in our pursuit to align the interests of payers, providers, and consumers to deliver a better financial experience and more affordable, transparent care for all. We partner with more than 700 payers, including the top-5 national health plans, BCBS insurers, regional health plans, TPAs and self-insured employers, over 4 million providers, and 100 million members, enabling the healthcare industry to pay for care, with care. Zelis brings adaptive technology, a deeply ingrained service culture, and a comprehensive navigation through adjudication and payment platform to manage the complete payment process.
SCAM ALERT: There is an active nationwide employment scam which is now using Zelis to garner personal information or financial scams. This site is secure, and any applications made here are with our legitimate partner. If you’re contacted by a Zelis Recruiter, please ensure whomever is contacting you truly represents Zelis Healthcare. We will never asked for the exchange of any money or credit card details during the recruitment process. Please be aware of any suspicious email activity from people who could be pretending to be recruiters or senior professionals at Zelis.
Your application has been successfully submitted.