Customer Engagement Advocate II
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
The primary responsibility of the Customer Engagement Advocate II is to provide sales and sales support for complex communications product solutions (data, voice, IP, etc.) for Public Sector. The Customer Engagement Advocate is a key member of a Sales team, who is responsible for customer life cycle management and retention. As a primary interface with both internal and external customers, the Customer Engagement Advocate II service and skills make a positive contribution to the strength of Lumen's relationship within our accounts
The Main Responsibilities
- Become the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for all post sale activities once the customer’s services are up and running
- Interact effectively as a team member within the Public Sector Account Team organization to support achievement of sales objectives and deliver Lumen's Spirit of Service.
- Ability to contribute to the attainment of revenue objectives by managing orders from the sales stage through to accurate billing and revenue recognition.
- Revenue Forecasting – understand the base they support, forecast disconnects, recompete impacts and utilize Salesforce to accomplish these tasks.
- Leverage Gainsight to work through tasks like renewals, first bill reviews.
- Partner with Sales, Service and Support personnel to strategically support accounts.
- Make accurate and timely decisions based on customer needs and business requirements.
- Develop, maintain, and manage customer relationships from the operational to executive levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to effectively represent Lumen to multiple departments and levels within the Account, by understanding how Lumen's products meet their goals.
- Project Management of the activities of multiple Lumen departments such as Contracts, Pricing, Order Entry, Provisioning, Design, Installation and Billing on behalf of Lumen Customer to install new service, or to coordinate moves, adds or changes to existing service.
- Portal On boarding/process training. Onboard customers in partnership with SME organization. Review Customer Information Guides with Customer, update when necessary. Liaise with internal departments and customer to ensure all needs are addressed related to onboarding.
What You Bring:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a telecommunications customer -facing environment supporting Enterprise Customers.
- Experience in developing long-term business relationships with key decision makers within organizations, with a proven knowledge of the sales cycle.
- An ability to work closely with the customer and effectively negotiate directly with the customer and internally on their behalf.
- Drive balanced communication with tact and diplomacy, while juggling competing customer & company priorities.
- Extensive knowledge of new technologies and selling points which includes enhancing expertise in the company's product application technologies.
- Strong understanding of IP Products and Services.
- Experience in teaming effectively with others across different disciplines, functions, and organizations.
- Strong written, oral communication skills to include presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and a professional business image.
- Ability to multitask and meet multiple timelines.
- The ability to travel to customer sites.
- Working knowledge of the applicable tools & techniques of customer support within telecommunications.
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, College Degree Preferred
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 324555
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min : 44,550
Salary Max : 99,000
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.