Associate Account Manager Client Service – National Remote
Careers at UnitedHealth Group
We’re creating opportunities in every corner of the health care marketplace to improve lives while we’re building careers. At UnitedHealth Group, we support you with the latest tools, advanced training and the combined strength of high caliber co-workers who share your passion, your energy and your commitment to quality. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is responsible for all aspects of managing and maintaining an assigned portfolio of large national account relationships. Our account managers maintain a solid understanding of each client’s business and their respective industry, develop expert knowledge of products and services, proactively communicate with the key contacts, and generate new revenue by cross-selling services.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Maintain a solid understanding of each of the assigned client businesses, their unique industries, and the services we provide them. Understand the client’s needs on a day-to-day basis as well as a strategic level and how our services benefit them.
- Develop strong working relationships with key contacts within each company including the decision makers, influencers, and coaches. Proactively manage each client relationship through frequent contact consistently documenting communication in call reports, Salesforce, or other systems as specified.
- Analyze and research client issues and trends. Exercise resourcefulness and creativity when handling unique or complex issues on behalf of our clients. Act as liaison between client and internal departments to resolve issues.
- Use analytical skills to monitor trends on client accounts effectively using the systems and tools available. Look for process improvement and service opportunities as a result of trends. Escalate concerning trends to management.
- Mentor client service colleagues in their support of client business. Train as needed.
- Ensure total client satisfaction by soliciting feedback. Keep a strong pulse on each client and anticipate their needs.
- Educate clients on features, functionality, benefits, and costs of services.
- Act as the voice for the clients – bring forth ideas for improving or enhancing our products, services, and support. Participate in the creation of solutions that meet both client and Solutran business needs in situations where the current services do not meet client needs.
- Manage and/or participate in departmental projects and process improvements. Develop and/or refine processes and procedures as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years, previous experience in managing account relationships
- Ability to work from 8:00am – 5:00pm CST
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) OR equivalent experience
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to work as a team leader
- Strong organizational skills required
- Excellent computer and technical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Thorough knowledge of policies, plans, procedures, products, and regulatory requirements for assigned products
- Detail, analytical and results oriented skills with the ability to summarize facts and findings into meaningful information
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health – related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $26.15 – $46.63. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada / New York City residents is $28.85 – $51.30. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.