Underwriting Officer, IronHealth Managed Care
Our underwriters focus on answering two fundamental questions. Should we write a policy for a customer? What is a fair price for the risk that we would incur by writing the policy? On the surface, these questions may seem straightforward, but as a Liberty Mutual Insurance Managed Care E&O & D&O underwriter, you will possess a curiosity that propels you to dig a little deeper for the answers. You will rely on your strong analytic, communication, and negotiation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Underwriters are natural problem solvers who want to know our customers and how we can profitably accept the risks that our policies cover.
Our managed care liability solutions can offer errors and omissions (E&O) and directors and officers (D&O) liability protection to help safeguard managed care organizations against legal, financial, and reputational risk arising from the services that they provide. Underwriters contribute to the growth and profitability of assigned specialty product line(s) through marketing, underwriting and managing of products and services of complex risks. Risks may require special handling or unusual coverages. Has distinct accountability for business results for assigned specialty product lines. Requires extensive level of knowledge of assigned product lines, exceptional strategic and marketing capabilities as well as technical knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques. May serve as a product line expert or provide product-line expertise to department.
- Establishes and maintains relationships to facilitate marketing of Liberty Mutual / Ironshore Healthcare products and services to the brokerage community.
- Makes independent sales calls to market and cross market.
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business of complex accounts by reviewing and analyzing insured’s (or prospective insured’s) loss history, financials, and other pertinent information.
- Provides significant input to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- May review, evaluate and recommend modifications to underwriting guidelines.
- Communicates with other product line underwriters and claims analysts in order to provide top level customer service.
- Reviews and negotiates policy terms and conditions.
- Assists other members of the department including Underwriters, Associate Underwriters in product line and/or technical knowledge and development.
- Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree or equivalent;
- 10+ years underwriting experience.
- Requires advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- At least 5 years experience underwriting highly technical risks.
- Exceptional strategic and marketing capabilities.
- Exceptional ability to effectively interact with brokers and internal departments in relationship-building/maintenance.
- Superior verbal and written communications skills.
- Highest level of negotiation, analytical, and decision-making skills are also required.
Primary Location: Remote
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree
Your application has been successfully submitted.