Product Support Representative
Dropbox is a leading global collaboration platform that's transforming the way people work together, from the smallest business to the largest enterprise. With more than 700 million registered users across more than 180 countries, our mission is to design a more enlightened way of working. From our headquarters in San Francisco to eight dedicated Studios and a worldwide team of employees who choose where they work best, our Virtual First approach is leading the way into the future of work.
Our mission is to engage and hire the emerging talent that will shape the future of Dropbox. Learn about our internships here!
In this role, you will provide exceptional support for the Dropbox ecosystem including products such as Capture, Backup, DocSend, HelloSign, and many more! We use tools such as Slack, Jira, Zendesk, and Zoom to communicate with our users, work as a team, and partner across the organization to provide real product feedback from our users. Depending on the needs of our customers, you may be required to work some weekends and holidays.
- Deliver technical support for Dropbox products based issues via phone, email and chat
- Achieve expert working knowledge of our products, meet set KPI targets, and complete tasks in a timely and effective manner
- Provide customized recommendations and solutions to customers on complex issues in user-friendly ways; enabling frictionless engagement with the product and maintaining high customer satisfaction scores
- Communicate customer reported issues internally and triage them to the correct team
- Document recurring issues to support product quality programs, product development, and to maintain agent resources
- 2+ years of work experience in a technical support and customer facing role
- You have knowledge of, or experience with, troubleshooting desktop operating systems: Microsoft Windows, macOS
- You demonstrate strong communication skills and are able to convey complex technical information in user-friendly ways through effective listening and questioning
- You love asking open ended questions to really get to the root of the matter and regularly exercise analytical and critical thinking skills
- You’re a team player possessing the willingness to seek feedback, adapt practices and continuously learn and evolve
- You excel at working in an ambiguous and changing environment as the business grows and evolves
- You have good judgment and the ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive customer data
- You show real passion for our products and for creating extraordinary customer experiences
For candidates hired in Colorado, the expected salary/On-Target Earnings (OTE) range for the role is $52,400 - $61,600 - $70,800.
This salary/OTE range represents the low, middle, and high end of the salary or OTE (Sales roles) range for this position, and is subject to change. To determine a Dropboxer’s starting pay we carefully consider a variety of factors, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal parity. This position may be considered a promotional opportunity.
Salary/OTE is just one component of Dropbox’s total rewards package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock in the form of Restricted Stock Units (RSUs).
Dropbox is committed to investing in the holistic health and wellbeing of all Dropboxers and their families. Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- (US Only) Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, paid holidays, 11 Company-wide PTO days, Volunteer time off and more
- Protection Plans including; Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and Travel benefit plans
- Perks Allowance to be used on what matters most to you, whether that’s wellness, learning and development, food & groceries, and much more
- Parental benefits including; Parental Leave, Child and Adult Care, Day Care FSA (US Only), Fertility Benefits (US Only), Adoption and Surrogacy support and Lactation Support
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
Additional benefits details are available upon request.
Dropbox is in the process of updating our technology to provide pay ranges in New York City based on the recent amendments to the New York City Human Rights Law (NYCHRL). If you are based in NYC and have any questions about the pay range for this role, please contact paytransparency@ and provide your name and the job title to which you are interested in applying.
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Your application has been successfully submitted.