Program Schedule Analyst
Leidos is seeking a Project Scheduler to support the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract. SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy, delivering the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service.
The Project Scheduler is responsible for understanding customer requests and developing accurate, awardable, and executable project schedules and customer presentations. In this position, you work with various departments throughout our company and internal to the SMIT program to respond to help develop project schedules for execution during the Implementation and Close-out project phases. You are responsible for coordinating with projects managers and team members to develop accurate and actionable schedules.
This position requires deep understanding of scheduling practices and commitment to use Earned Value Management scheduling processes when required. This includes coordinating weekly and month end status and Estimate to Complete (ETC) updates, developing proposals, Basis of Estimates (BOE) and baseline schedules, Integrated Master Plans and Work Breakdown Structures, preparing and presenting Schedule Risk Analysis (SRAs). Daily activities will include being embedded on project teams, soliciting input from the technical team to ensure all dependencies (internal and external) are documented and tracked; actively supporting Integrated Baseline Reviews; interfacing with other internal teams to develop and prepare resource assignments, identify and document schedule and risk, manage the integrity of the baseline data, status and provide inputs in support of the business rhythm. Candidate must be able to communicate the impact of schedule status and baseline changes to a senior level audience. Candidate preferred to have experience running DCMA 14 point schedule assessment. Prefer candidate have experience with DCMA Joint Surveillance Reviews and DOD Integrated Baseline Reviews. Must be a team player and able to communicate effectively to senior managers.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, and with input from the cross-functional team, generate, publish and maintain an accurate a Master Schedule, using MS Project, showing the tasks and resources required to deliver on-time, per customer requirements and milestones.
- Work closely with PMO, development, operations and other project teams to develop detailed schedules, keep these schedules current and seamlessly integrated into the Master Schedule.
- Provide hands-on development of layered schedules detailing how a specific project is progressing including how the project contributes to overarching program requirements and objectives.
- Develop and maintain linkages, dependencies and inter-dependencies with related projects.
- Maintain tight, proactive communication with leadership to ensure all necessary resources and activities are available to achieve a successful project execution. Must be able to demonstrate expertise in scheduling discipline to team members and program leadership.
- Manage multiple proposal tasks with sometimes rapid turnaround deadlines. These proposal tasks will help with the award of additional funded projects under the current contract.
- Work under the technical direction of the finance manager and/or planning/scheduling lead. As directed by the program team, the scheduler will be responsible for applying scheduling theory to develop the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and related artifacts in compliance with applicable standards such as EVM standard EIA-748 and best practices (e.g., PASEG) in coordination with program finance and in support of program execution.
- Implement program scheduling business rhythms, developing baseline schedules and associated artifacts to meet contractual/project requirements, and monitoring, analyzing, and reporting performance against baseline schedules to ensure that contractual, cost and schedule objectives are met.
- Develop, analyze, and provide written/verbal direction for remediation of Critical Path indices to ensure positive Award Fee
- Requires a Bachelors of Arts/or Sciences degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance
- MS Project and/or other schedule management tools (e.g., MS Project Server/Deltek Open Plan)
- Schedule Health Assessment tools (Steelray Project Analyzer)
- Working knowledge of cost and schedule integration tools (Deltek Cobra)
- Scheduling theory and related best-practices (e.g., PASEG)
- Integrated Master Plan (IMP) architecture
- Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) architecture
- Internal/External dependency modeling
- Critical Path Method (CPM)
- Margin/Float management
- Working knowledge of Leidos’ proposal processes and standards
- Schedule Risk Assessment (SRA)/Monte Carlo Analysis
- Risk and Opportunity integration
- Resource loading/management
- Schedule Status/Forecast Management/Business Rhythms
- IMS Data Integrity/Health Assessment (e.g., DCMA 14-Pt)
- Schedule Execution Metrics
- Baseline Change Control
- Understanding of cost and schedule integration
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM)
Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.