Commercial Banking Assistant II
Minnesota Bank and Trust is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Minnesota Bank and Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"™
The Commercial Banking Assistant II supports the Relationship Manager (RM) from the initial application processing through closing and booking the transaction, including renewals and modifications along with ongoing support for the client needs. This includes being liaison between the RM, Credit and Loan Operations.
This role will ideally sit in one of our member bank locations, but may also be remote eligible.
- Assists commercial loan customers both in person and via phone calls, taking action on behalf of the Commercial Bankers, when appropriate and within scope of authority.
- Enters loan data (structure, borrowers, collateral, pricing) into LOS System.
- Works with borrower to collect required documentation (pre-and post-approval).
- Images all necessary documents and creates placeholders in DocMan to build an electronic credit file (New with system)
- Requests / pulls compliance / customer verifications (OFAC, Fraud, etc.).
- Pulls individual and business credit bureaus.
- Reviews information / data requests from Credit and other business lines and help obtain open items8.
- Requests and collects due diligence activities / third party reports (appraisals, environmentals, UCC, title work, articles of good standing, credit report, etc.) - Reg B Compliance.
- Works with Loan Operations to support pre-closing and closing activities including: collect loan documents from Doc Prep team and review for completeness and accuracy, Confirm closing logistics.
- Engages credit to complete updated financial spreads and other activities (when new financial statements are received from the client and uploaded into DocMan)
- Pulls exception report and works with assigned Commercial Bankers and Portfolio Managers to resolve loan documentation issues and clear documentation exceptions within the appropriate time periods.
- Processes paid off loans in accordance with bank procedures.
- Funds closed loans, processes income and expense fees according to procedures.
- Monitors and acts on daily, weekly and monthly reports for maturing and delinquent loans; Tickler reports; Responsible for tracking trailing documents for all commercial loan files, maintenance of loan ticklers for incoming documents and retention of these documents in the applicable file(s).
- Handles customer accounts including processing loan payments, disbursements and advances, as well as assisting in the monitoring of NSF activity.
- Completes annual E-Learning Plan and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) training as assigned and keeps up-to-date knowledge of BSA as it relates to the job function.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 3-5 years banking experience or training.
- Knowledge and experience of Commercial/Ag lending and banking regulations, department operations, policies and procedures preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective time management skills with the ability to independently prioritize tasks.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of required entity documentation for various business entities (Corporations, LLC’s, Partnerships, etc.).
- Knowledge of proper collateral documentation needed to obtain and perfect all types of collateral.
- Knowledge of government and specialty lending programs, as well as participated loans.
- Data entry experience preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Full timeThe targeted salary for this role is:
You may also be offered incentive compensation, and benefits. Compensation may vary and is based on geographic location of the specific role as well as the skills and experiences of the selected candidate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.