Customer Service Representative - Remote
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Remote Jobs Arizona
Customer Service Representative - Remote
Awarded the Best Place to Work 2021, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona helps to fulfill its mission of improving the quality of life of Arizonans by delivering a variety of health insurance products and services to meet the diverse needs of individuals, families, and small and large businesses as well as providing information and tools to help individuals make better health decisions.
This remote work opportunity requires residency, and work to be performed, within the State of Arizona.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona (BCBSAZ) is hiring a full-time, fully remote (within the state of Arizona) Customer Service Representative to provide inbound phone support to healthcare customers throughout Arizona. In this customer care role, you will identify, research, process, resolve, and respond to customer inquiries via telephone and written correspondence.
Your work as a BCBSAZ customer service representative will involve clarifying to customers a variety of specifics pertinent to the organization’s healthcare services, including:
- Contract benefits
- Changes in coverage
- BCBSAZ programs
- Provider networks
What to Expect
As you work to help us improve the quality of life for Arizonans, expect to thrive in an energetic, diverse environment, championed by an organization consistently named a Best Places to Work and Most Admired Company in Arizona.
This remote work opportunity requires Arizona residency and work to be performed within the State of Arizona.
Inspiring Health in Arizona Starts with You
Our benefits support work-life balance and the flexibility you need to be your best.
- Remote, in-office, and hybrid work options within the state of Arizona
- Eleven (11) paid holidays, including a floating holiday you can use any time you wish
- Accrued paid time off (up to 16 days per calendar year)
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) up to 5% dollar-per-dollar match, 2% non-elective employer contribution
- Up to 12% annual bonus based on corporate goals and individual performance
- Eight (8) paid volunteer hours to support our mission of inspiring health
- Tuition reimbursement for you; scholarship opportunities for your children
- Employee discounts, gym reimbursement, and wellness programs
- Treadmill desks, full-service fitness center, onsite cafeterias
- Ongoing training for employees who wish to grow in their careers, acquire skills, and become managers
To thrive in this job, you must be able to:
- Maintain confidentiality and privacy
- Practice interpersonal and active listening to achieve high customer satisfaction
- Compose and dictate a variety of business correspondence
- Interpret and translate policies, procedures, programs, and guidelines
- Navigate, gather, input, and maintain data records in multiple system applications
- Follow and accept instruction and direction
- Establish and maintain working relationships in a collaborative team environment
We are looking for someone with:
- Intermediate PC proficiency
- Advanced bilingual (Spanish/English) skill in verbal communication – Mi Consejero Azul only
- Intermediate bilingual (Spanish/English) skill in written communication – Mi Consejero Azul only
- Identify, research, process, resolve and respond to customer inquiries and correspondence via telephone, written communication and/or in person.
- Answer a diverse and high volume of health insurance related customer calls and correspondence on a daily basis
- Meet quality, quantity, and timeliness standards to achieve individual and department performance goals as defined within the department guidelines
- Consult and coordinate with various internal departments, external plans, providers, businesses, and government agencies to obtain information and ensure resolution of customer inquiries
- Document and record facts related to inquiries and correspondence by updating BCBSAZ files and systems
- Demonstrate and maintain current working knowledge of the required BCBSAZ systems, procedures, forms, and manuals
- At least one (1) year of experience in claims examination, health insurance, customer service, call center, medical office, or other healthcare-related field
- High School diploma or GED
- Within 45 days of hire in member concierge, Mi Consejero Azul, or areas supporting sales, employee must hold an active, current, and unrestricted AZ Department of Insurance Health Insurance License
Why Join Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona?
At BCBSAZ, your pursuit of balance, happiness, and fulfillment is supported through our Workability model. Workability is our future hybrid workforce strategy and defines where and how we do our jobs: 100% remote, 100% in the office or somewhere in-between.
No matter where you choose to work, we want you to be well. Our award-winning healthy campus in Phoenix is always available to you. Access telehealth services at our BlueCare Anywhere kiosk, fuel up with healthy meals and snacks at our cafeterias and Work Perks Café, and make the most of our onsite fitness center by taking advantage of personal trainers, a nutritionist, Health Support programs, and daily group fitness classes, including spin, yoga, and Zumba.
BCBSAZ does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected group.
Thank you for your interest in Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona. For more information on our company, see azblue.com. If interested in this position, please apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.