Customer Service Advocate – Remote in Eastern Time Zone
$1500 Sign On Bonuis For External Candidates
If you are located within Eastern Time Zone, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Even if you have no prior experience, we have training classes starting soon to help you build the successful career that you want – apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s positive. And it’s being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our existing and new customers. You’ll take as many as 50-70 calls per day from customers who have questions about their health benefits. As their advocate, you’ll use your personality and our tools to help them through the health care benefits available to them, including helping them enroll in a new plan. This is no small opportunity.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am – 8:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Respond to and resolve, on the first call, customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the caller needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence
- Help guide and educate customers about the fundamentals and benefits of consumer-driven health care topics to select the best benefit plan options, maximize the value of their health plan benefits and choose a quality care provider
- Contact care providers (doctor’s offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with appointment scheduling or connections with internal specialists for assistance
- Assist customers in navigating myuhc.com and other UnitedHealth Group websites and encourage and reassure them to become self-sufficient
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be called on to research complex issues pertaining to the caller’s health, status and potential plan options. To do this, you’ll need to navigate across multiple databases which requires fluency in computer navigation and toggling while confidently and compassionately engaging with the caller.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3+ years of combined education, work and/or volunteer experience
- Health Care/Insurance environment (familiarity with medical terminology, health plan documents, or benefit plan design)
- Social work, behavioral health, disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change (working with vulnerable populations)
- Sales or account management experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Reside within Eastern Standard Time Zone
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near – obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Connecticut or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Connecticut / New York City residents is $16.83 – $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.