Medical Svcs Coord I
We’re looking for colleagues who are ready to Think Big, Go Fast, Deliver Awe, and Win Together. These core values embody our diverse and inclusive culture and help us live out our mission of “getting people the care they need when they need it.” Over the last 30 years, our company has established itself as the market leader in managed care for the workers’ compensation industry. We are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the injured workers we serve, and we have fun doing it.
Salary Range: 14.28 - 21.39 Hourly
Salary may vary based on location, years of experience, qualifications, and skill set.
In return for your commitment to our company’s mission, we offer a vast array of benefits to help support the whole you.
- Opportunities to work from home
- Competitive wages with opportunities to earn annual merit increases
- Paid development hours to use for community development!
- Generous paid time off, 8 company holidays, and 2 floating holidays per year
- $1,000 Colleague Referral Program
- Enterprise Recognition Program rewarding colleagues for their extraordinary work
- Exclusive discounts on travel, activities, and merchandise via work discount program
- Colleague Assistance Program that provides free counseling and financial services
- Tuition Reimbursement Program including certifications
- Quantum Health: A healthcare navigation platform to help our colleagues make the best, most cost-effective healthcare decisions
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Pre-Tax FSA and HSA health savings accounts
- 401(k) matching
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term and long-term disability
- Referral program
- Healthcare concierge
- The One Call Foundation which aims to help colleagues during unexpected emergencies, from car accidents to natural disasters.
Provides support to the business by coordinating medical services for patients via telephone and/or Internet (e.g. instant message, email). Coordinating medical services includes (as examples): completing intake of customer referral, ordering medical equipment, medical supplies, scheduling appointments, and managing visits. In addition, the Medical Service Coordinator will address and resolve simple to complex inquiries and issues with customers and patients. Performs other administrative duties as requested.
Entry level role. Basic skills with moderate level of proficiency. Generally performs a high volume of basic inquiries about One Call’s products and services by following standard scripts and procedures. Works under close supervision without latitude for independent judgment. Demonstrates strong customer service skills (empathy, problem solving, patience, flexibility, humility, articulate communication) in client-facing situations. Consults with senior peers and team leads on non-complex issues to learn through experience. Typically requires zero to one year of experience in a call center or customer service-related position in a service industry. Zero-1 year of experience in the workers compensation industry. Medical Service Coordinator I’s will typically handle one service line, while learning others, and will become knowledgeable in all products/services before moving into a level II role.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as primary contact for coordination of medical services and patient issues. If a call escalates due to medical related issues, the Medical Service Coordinator will be required to have the proper knowledge and training to try resolve the situation in a reasonable amount of time
- Provides an outstanding experience to customers and patients at all times
- May take referrals from adjusters, case managers, & sales representatives
- May process a high volume of patient inquiries about One Call products and services, and resolve a targeted percentage of those inquiries
- Troubleshoots patient and/or customer problems, identifies the root cause of the problem, and uses tools and resources appropriately to determine how to resolve problems
- Contacts Nurse Case Manager or Adjuster to obtain authorization for additional or continued service(s) for patients as needed
- Processes and manages referrals to ensure all One Call procedures are followed throughout the continuum of care
- Utilizes appropriate tracking tools, i.e. authorization logs, Outlook Calendar or Task function, to ensure follow-up on critical timelines as outlined in One Call’s procedures for obtaining evaluations/notes, tracking authorizations, and contacting carriers
- When unable to resolve a problem in a reasonable amount of time, will escalate up to the appropriate Medical Service Coordinator. Follows up on escalated issues with coaching and mentoring to learn the appropriate solution and expand overall knowledge
- Tracks and documents inbound support requests and ensures proper notation of problems or issues
- Updates patient information and ensures accurate entry of contact information
- Meets the standards of the job, such as quality standards, adherence to schedule, and average handle time
- May provide guidance and/or mentoring to less experienced coordinators
- 2 years of post-high school education or 3+ years of experience is required for this role
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree is preferable; or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience
- If working with federal government contract clients, an employee is required to receive federal government clearance for handling sensitive information. Employee is also required to receive annual security awareness training.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires advanced working knowledge of One Call products as well as the industries in which One Call competes for business
- Ability to understand, apply and explain concepts
- Ability to handle project commensurate with job expectations
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Requires human relations, negotiation and documentation skills
- Requires high attention to detail
- Positions involving data mapping require strong analytical and technical skills
- Ability to translate client requirements to technical specifications and communicate to technical staff
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Knowledge of the company’s products, services and business operations to enable resolution of inquiries
- Outstanding customer service skills that builds the highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate-level Computer navigation and operation skills
- Demonstrates highly effective people skills and empathy when taking care of patients and customers
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
Your application has been successfully submitted.