Clinical Administrative Coordinator – National Remote
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm CST or EST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provides administrative clinical support to the National Inpatient Clinical Team by requesting clinical information as directed from the Inpatient Care Management Nurse
- Manage incoming clinical information from providers and external partners
- Ensure a timely acknowledgement and response to all fax requests for medical services documents received by providing appropriate feedback to address processing issues
- Maintain high level of data integrity and compliance to set turnaround time to meet regulatory/contractual requirements and operational metrics
- Communicate with the National Inpatient Clinical Team to ensure the provider(s) receives a response with necessary information
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of data entry experience in administrative or clerical support role
- 1+ year of experience working hand on within the healthcare industry, hospital, physician's office, or medical setting
- 1+ year of experience Medical Terminology to communicate with the National Inpatient Clinical Team and provider
- Experience handling confidential client/patient information
- Must be able to navigate a PC to open multiple applications, send emails, and conduct data entry
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills: Microsoft Excel (ability to sort, sum, insert bar graphs and use formulas, create and edit data in spreadsheets), Microsoft Word (ability to create documents and complete mail merging), Microsoft Outlook (ability to manage email, calendar, and task lists)
- Ability to work: Monday – Friday 8:00AM – 5:00PM (CST or EST) ONLY
- Some College (or higher)
- Experience with Captiva, Doc360, ECAA, and/or ICUE/HSR
- Professional experience in a clerical or administrative support related role
- Experience working with ICD – 10 and CPT and HCPC coding
- Experience working with Commercial, Medicare and/or Medicaid Services
- Experience working in a call center environment
- Previous work experience in a virtual environment
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Ability to work with multiple screens and applications at one time
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health – related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 – $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 – $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Your application has been successfully submitted.